Options

Caladesi Island state Park, Honeymoon Island area

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was over in the Tampa area and we decided to go over to Caladesi State Park as it is one of 4 state parks that have docks with over night "camping", wow, what a sweet place/area! Also, looking on Google Earth, Honeymoon Island, Rooker Island and Anclote Key just look stunning for day trips.....now Caladesi has docks but I don't see the other islands have anything other than anchoring off shore which still makes me very nervous and I would guess there is nothing to the back side of these islands to come ashore either. Anyone else been to that area? I really need to move from the east coast to the west, it sure is pretty over there!

Comments

• Options
    Jw_TampaJw_Tampa Member Posts: 16 ✭✭

Yes that is the Admiral and I's wheelhouse. We high and dry on the Anclote river right there and spend most of our time at Caladesi and 3 rooker. The fishing off the west side of Anclote is great too.

Dont worry about anchoring off the beach. Just make sure you have 2 anchors. the way your stern doesnt swing in to anyone and you will be fine. Just go really slow when you get close to shore and make sure the tide is coming in and not going out. After a few trips you will find the sweet spot.

Let me know next time you are going and you can follow me to anyone of those islands.

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks jw- I don't know if we will make it over with the boat until the spring...we are over in Orlando , kids are back in school etc. But wow, sure is a pretty area...we have been to the area around cayo costs with our other boat and getting used to the beast...but we will be over that way!