Options

Help, please

Hello, I'm a new Rinker owner and new to this forum, any feedback would be appreciated.  I have recently bought a 2010 Rinker 192.  The previous owner must have broken one of the rocker switches and replaced it with a generic blank one.  I would like to replace it with the original.  My problem is I can't tell what it turns on.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.  

Mark

Comments

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say if it isn't your blower, and you'd know if it was your blower, it's an auxiliary switch, meaning an extra blank one, or powering something like a cigarette lighter outlet.. 

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭

this is great opportunity to learn the wiring in your boat!  A must for all boaters.  Pull the dash and take a look around.  Also a good time to organize your wiring with loose wire looms.  Take good pictures of your wiring leads so you can reference later so you don't have to spend time pulling the dash next time.  No biggy anyway.  It only takes 5 min to pull.

• Options
    jfdeng5jfdeng5 Member Posts: 13

Usually an auxiliary is on the end.  Here is what I would do.  I'm assuming you just bought this out of KY?  There were only 2 for sale online.  One...wait for it...was missing the middle rocker switch and this one. http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2010-Rinker-Captiva-192-619455

This is a private seller.  I would email him and ask him what is for.  This will save you a little time.  Hopefully he is nice enough to tell you.  His dash panel looks the same, just can't read it.  Good luck.