Electric Head wiring fiesta vee 242

MXZ0588MXZ0588 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited August 2014 in Electrical Discussions

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 2001 Fiesta Vee 242 and I am looking to replace the manual head with an electric one. Specifically: 

Jabsco 37010-1090 Marine Marine Electric Toilet (12-Volt, 25-Amp, Regular Size)

I have heard rumors that these rinker model boats came pre wired for an electric head in the bathroom. If so does anyone know where to access those wires? 

If not, where is a good place to tap into a positive and ground?

Also any idea of the specific location of the seacock on this Model? I looked quickly in the access panel at the base of the stairs but only could see the mid sump. The manual is vague on its specific location. Aft cabin maybe?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2001 Fiesta Vee 242. 350 MPI. B3.

Comments

• jfdeng5jfdeng5 Member Posts: 13

If that head will fit that is awesome.  It did not fit in my 330.  Look at your circuit breaker panel.  If it is wired for it there should be a circuit breaker for it.  You should be able to run from there.  I found that wire was not large enough and had to run large diameter wire with a fuse directly to a battery (post I installed).  I found this out after I ran it and did not have enough power to efficiently flush.  Have fun with this crappy job!!!  lol

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Techma makes an awesome electric vacu-flush porcelain toilet that is sized to fit most boats including Rinkers. Rinker uses them. I had one in my 2013 EC 310 and in my 2014 Ec 360. It works very well. MT

• MXZ0588MXZ0588 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

Any idea what model you had in your 31? And how's the size of it, compact version?

Thanks. 

2001 Fiesta Vee 242. 350 MPI. B3.
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

MX on my 2011 Rinker 260EC, it came with the manual Jabsco head and we fitted the electrical Jabsco conversion kit. We took power from the vacu-flush system, which was pre-wired on my boat. It works fine. I rarely have problems with it.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

MX the unit I had on the 310 and I think is also on the 360 is the Techma Easy Fit electric vacu-flush. They come in two heights. They cost about a grand. MT