Options

Port Side Windshield needed

DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I need the port side curved glass for my 2005 342. Anyone know where I can get one? Dealer has calls into Rinker but have not heard back from them.
No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342

Comments

• Options

RY, I'll have to give them a call. I checked their WEB site last week and the 342 was not listed.
  • Options

Yeah, I gave the marina the number that is on the frame and asked them to follow up with them and to keep trying Rinker.
  • Options
    rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭

The division of Taylor that you want to contact for windshields is     http://taylormarine.com

I would call the gloversville NY. Location and hopefully they can help. 

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

• Options

Thanx for the info guys....I'll keep you posted on how I make out
  • Options

So, port side windshield from Rinker is $2,400 and it needs to be special ordered, lead time is 6-8 weeks. Ouch!!!!! I've got a $1,000 deductible so that's all it'll cost me but its still a LOT of money.

Called Great Lakes Skipper and they don't have anything for a 342. I'll try to make contact with Taylor Made tomorrow to see if the price is any different but because of my deductible, I doubt I'll be able to save any money.

Any of you guys know of any salvage yards that I could call?

• Options
    rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭

Rinker is going to order it from Taylor. But your right doubt it will be a big enough difference anyway. I'd be interested to know if there are any boat salvage yards myself.  I've looked around in the past but never really found anything.  

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

You can try checkers marine service lasalle Michigan if they don't have one might be able to point you to someone who does 

• Options
    RY...been trying to contact Marine Surplus sales all day and nobody answers the phone, in looking at their Web site, it looks like they don't carry windshields.

JC, Called checkers and they have a ton of stuff but nothing as recent as my 05. The other thing with them is that their operation is remove and carry....being from Maine, that's pretty hard to do.

Although these are not getting me anywhere, I certainly appreciate the comments. 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try Wolfs Marine.  Www.wolfsmarine.com

they have all kinds of odd parts. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    RinkerYan said:
    Well what was Taylors price?

I didn't even bother.... I figure Rinker will mark up 30 - 50% max, even at 50% its over $1,000. Insurance has stated that they will not pay for a used windshield so If I can't find something used under a $1,000, then it really doesn't matter.

Try Wolfs Marine.  Www.wolfsmarine.com

they have all kinds of odd parts. 

Thanx BD, I will give them a call in the am.

• Options
    RinkerYan said:
    Dan, I dont think you will find any used ones cause Rinkers last forever  :)
    Certainly like that thought RY.