Options

Where is the starter relay located and where can I but one along with a oil sending unit

flyguy1117flyguy1117 Member Posts: 6

I'm new to the forum and have a 2004 282 Captiva open bow with a small block chevy engine and a merc outdrive.  I'm having some issues when starting the boat and suspect it's a relay.  I see 2 relays on the top of the engine and suspect one is for the starter.  Can you tell me the part number and possibly if it's the relay all the way to the rear or closer to the front.  I also need an oil pressure sending unit for the same boat with stock gages (mine is pegged at 80 lbs as soon as you turn it on).  Where can I purchase these items and can you supply both part numbers?  Thanks in advance for the help!  Joe D.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    flyguy1117flyguy1117 Member Posts: 6

I'll take a closer look one night this week.  If I recall there are 2 relays aft of the throttle body as you mentioned but if the trim takes 2 then I guess I'm looking for a third in that same area? 

Is it possible there is a remote solenoid for the starter that might be the issue also?  Any idea where that would be located if it even exists?  Thanks for your response above!!!

• Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

hey, before you buy a replacement oil pressure sender, take a volt/ohm meter and make sure that the wire coming off the sender is not grounded out. Red to the inside of the connector, black to a good ground on the engine.

If the meter is pegged that means there is either a ground inside the sender or a broken wire.