Options

Bravo III Prop Options... Rear needs MORE lift!! 2005 232 CC

My Rinker seems to ride stern heavy. When 4+ ppl are in the boat my extended platform grabs the water hindering acceleration to plane. I am also experiencing a fair amount of porposing even with the trim all the way down. I need more lift in the rear. Would different designed props deliver more lift without losing top end speed?

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin

Do you have trim tab's??????

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    what is your engine and outdrive? which prop?
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trim tabs are a must then if you are porposing.  They will help you out of the hole too, but there are times you need to tell your passengers to move forward to get going on plane, not an uncommon issue.  The B-III props are limited in options and need to be selected to get the engine rpm correct at WOT and trimmed out properly.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    SLOWBRAHSLOWBRAH Member Posts: 7
    I have a 350 Mag, Bravo III with 26 p's. I've looked into tabs... do you all run them?
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    Another option is to add weight to your anchor rode (bigger anchor, and/or more chain).  A little bit of weight can really help with balance because it's located all the way up at the bow.  Plus, your hook will have a bit more grabbing power if you ever need to anchor in high wind.

Maybe get a couple of 20-pound weights, temporarily put them up in the bow, and see how she runs?
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Forget about a new prop, get trim tabs. My 276 can seem a little stern heavy with a FULL load of people & full tanks, but with the trim tabs I can keep the bow from barely coming up AT ALL. They really are that helpful, and I use them even more than the drive trim, especially to adjust for balance and wave conditions.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    I agree trim tabs are a must! Look up "insta trim" which came standard on some Rinker's and are reasonable in price compared to others.