Options

Why do some comments have to be approved?

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
I posted a reply to a thread and I got back that it will appear after it is approved. This is the second time that it has happened to me. Both times I had two URL links in the comment. Is this something new? Or can't someone have multiple URL links in a thread?
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
Go Steelers!!!

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    First I heard of this..........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had that bug awhile ago and it left as fast as it appeared.  I've not had the problem in a long time. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    edited August 2014
    Yes, I've had the same problem.  It's only when I use the link button on the toolbar. 

(edit - I just posted two links and the problem didn't appear.)
  • Options
    If I post two links in a comment, it has to be approved. This hasn't been fixed yet...
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    If it has to be approved, who gets to see the comment and who does the approval? Or does it just hang out somewhere in cyberspace?
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    If it gives you the "approval" message, I don't think your post will ever get seen or approved by anybody.  Those bytes will just spill out onto the floor of the server room. 
  • Options
    I had that problem a week ago. Went away as mysterious as is showed up. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    I just posted 2 links and had no problem. As a mod I do not see any posts waiting to be approved. I will send an e-mail and find out if anybody knows about this...
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    It was odd that last time it happened to me: I got the 'needs approval' message when posting from my laptop/ie 7 and from my MAC, yet it worked fine from my iPhone/iOS6 at the time. 

I still cannot post a picture using IE7 in Windows.

Quirky software running the site.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I'm with Raybo, not ever seen it nor ever seen any waiting to be approved.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I am waiting for a reply on my message.....
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BD, I can not post pictures from my computer either - it runs on windows 7 too. On the previous forum format it was a breeze - just highlight and click. I can't even get this new format to open my jpegs. MT
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    I have no problem with pictures and and it's just an error on approval there is no one to approve anything we're kind of out here on our own. I just bought a Sweetwater Pontoon made by the same company that makes Rinker and Godfrey Boats owners board looks like this one but no support or moderators they still think Capn Steve works there and he now works for Toyota Boats I sure miss the old RBO

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    Have we ever figured out who has to approve comments? Three times on one post I got the dreaded "Comment will appear when it is approved". :#
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as you not been around to long, never had that responce or problem, useing window 10.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    It's a bug that happens when you try to post a link using the "URL" button.  Just paste the URL into the message.
  • Options
    The only one that can approve a post is the administrator. Mod's can not.....
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    It's a bug that happens when you try to post a link using the "URL" button.  Just paste the URL into the message.
    I tried it both ways... Both needed approval. Quirky bug. Guess I just won't reply to the thread.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Greg send me the link in a PM and I will try. 
  • Options
    Looks like the 'approval' ghost is back today!

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Just got the message "your comment will appear after it I said approved"... I posted a comment on my own thread(FV270 steps) and it appeared fine. I noticed that I misspelled something, so I went back and edited it... that's when the whole thing disappeared and I received that message. 
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    It's like I'm blocked from my own post but I can comment on other posts... here's a screenshot of it(bottom left):