Options

My 2005 270 FV has a tach that will not read steady.

sbodesbode Member Posts: 10
When you try to set the engine for 3000 rpm the tach will bounce from in the 2000's to the mid to upper 4000's. It does seem to stay more consistent when you are up at the 4000 rpm range. Occasionally it will just stop the bouncing around and run steady for a while but not often. I am starting my research before i try anything. I prefer to do this type of work myself instead of going to the local dealer but also not opposed to that plan if necessary.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    I will have to research that question I am new to boating and the required data needed to respond to questions. I apologize for lack of information. I probably should have stated it was a Volvo Penta engine as well. will respond with answer later today on brand.
  • Options
    Well I decided to order a new Faria Tack and went ahead and got rid of the old speedo as well and bought a matching GPS Speedometer. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    I would not buy anymore Faria gauges, quality is not there . Send my tach twice for repair still 
    does not work properly .
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change to smart craft. Once you have the system gauge in, you can daisy chain all the other gauges. It is a sweet setup. I have them and they are high quality. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

x

Post edited by Michael T on