Water inside boat

I have a Captiva 2013 186 F/S I/O with a 4.3 mercruiser. When we cruise on the lake for 15 or20min water accumulates inside an I have to run the bildge pump often is that normal?

Answers

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it doesn't accumulate when you aren't moving? Is your impeller (cooling)  pump leaking? 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Does your speedometer work?   If not,  check the tube and fitting behind the engine.  It is quite surprising how much water will come in when underway. 

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is not normal at all.  ++ on the above suggestions.  I'd see if the water is coming in with the boat in the water and engine off.  If it stays dry, then run the engine at idle and look for leaks from the cooling system.  if still dry, then drive the boat and carefully have someone look for where the water is coming in from.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • KYSEANKYSEAN Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    Sylvain said:
    I have a Captiva 2013 186 F/S I/O with a 4.3 mercruiser. When we cruise on the lake for 15 or20min water accumulates inside an I have to run the bildge pump often is that normal?
    Accumulates where? Isn't the bildge automatic? 
    2012 Rinker BR216 5.0
  • SylvainSylvain Member Posts: 2
    water only accumulates when moving and the bilge is not automatic and the speedo is fine
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your water impeller leaking? Are you able to look in the engine compartment while running about to get a better sense of where the water is coming in from. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"