Options

Best snack food - on a boat?

mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
Taking another couple out tonight, any faves out there from Rinker owners?
246BR, 276BR, H310BR current

Comments

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    A couple of kinds of sliced veggies and a couple of kinds of dip.  Also assorted kinds of cheese and crackers.  Works good for us.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    I like stuff that doesn't crumble everywhere and make a mess. Unfortunately chips make a mess, but I do like em. 

Brownies, rice crispy squares, etc anything that sticks together are good options. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol omg Vienna sausages
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    We always have assorted cheese, crackers, and sliced pepperoni.
    Now I'm hungry.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always have Snyder's of Hanover Pretzel Snaps with French onion dip or roasted red pepper hummus. The pretzels are small bite size squares and don't make a mess. The other thing I always have on the boat is Twizzlers. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Pringles!.................seem to be the chip of choice on my boats for many years.
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snacks?!.... pishaw. Brats on the grill and beers buried in ice. No comparison. :D

Here's a couple of Mainers showin' the southern boy how it's done up in their neck of the woods. Now, that's a memorable moment for guests..... still hoping to out-do that one. Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't lose with beer brats and beer!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We like to have grapes with us. Also if you have a grill there's nothing better than some roasted corn!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Oh man did we have the food going yesterday with 9 of us rafted out! Did a mix of Italian Sausage, kielbasi, hot dogs all on the grill, then cut in bite size pieces with sauces to dip. Corn chips with homemade salsa. Grilled chicken, cut in bite size. Meatballs in marina (the best is grape jelly, jar of chili sauce, bag of meatballs, all in a crockpot - then put on small potato rolls). Ahhhh, what else did I eat yesterday....Cheese & crackers. Oh, and back the boat up to where it is about 4 feet depth behind your boat and walk around serving to those standing in the water holding their drinks! (yes, just like the Rinker Rendezvous). Another favorite is to take sliced bite-size kielbasa, pour a little more than half a can of 7up in with it and simmer for about 20 minutes till it thickens - nothing better!! (just don't tell everyone, this is my wife's secret) :wink: We've also taken a pork tenderloin, cut it up a bit and cook in crockpot for about 5 hours and then make pulled pork sandwiches on small potato rolls.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    OMG stop!!. You're killin' me. WOW that sounds AWEsome......

If somebody hands me a pringle and a vienna sausage on a toothpick and the guys next door have a stokin' grill full of pork wonderment ablaze, a crock pot overflowing with marinating meatballs and a cooler full of frosty brews,...... that VS is flying....... :D   Just sayin'

Mike, the thirsty carnivore.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    Now .......we all know that's just a little Bratwurst envy talking there. :P

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    ;) RY, food is topic, not water clarity. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bottle of Scotch and a bottle of Tequila, bunch of limes, salt shaker - napkins optional. MT
  • Options
    They'll be some tribal dancing and raucous laughter on MTs diet of "snack food". Wahoo, TikiHut can relate and approves! Put down the anchor, hide the keys, turn off the phone and TV and let the feast begin..... :D
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comment hidden due to wife looking at computer.  :)

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Jameson's Irish whiskey Budlight capt & coke cheese crackers and wine for desert
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Watermelon mi ti's with cheese and  sopressata and any kind of chips...
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com