Options

Opinions on 2009 320 with 350 Mag/Bravo 2 Engines

wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
Hello, I placed a deposit on a 2009 Rinker 320 with 350 Mags/Bravo 2 engines today and would like to know if anyone on the forum can provide first hand information relative to how the boat will perform with that engine and drive combo. My previous boat is a Rinker 280 with the 8.1 /Bravo 3' Frankly, I was surprised to see Bravo 2's combined with 350 Mags on the 320. I thought they all used Bravo 3 drives with that engine.

The boat has 145 hours. Are there any issues i should be aware of? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Well, I have the B2s on my 400 with a pair of 496HO.  I've heard pretty good things about it and did some extensive research.  We've had it for almost a year now and all is ok.  We did have some extensive work done when we bought the boat with the drives.  Mostly bearring and coupler, bellows, shift cable, not much internal.  I also had spun hubs, which with a single prop, pushing all the weight I have, it's no wonder.  You should have plently of hole shot and top end with that combo.  Yes, the BIII might be a bit better combo for that boat, but the 2s really should be just as good. The B2 is also built a bit "thicker", being able to withstand a bit more. The B1 is what you wouldn't want on it.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

I have a 2002 342 FV with same engine and drive combo. I have had the boat for four years.

I also had the drives gone thru when I bought the boat and have had no problems

with them 220 hours later. I run the 17 1/2 x 23 props and have no problems getting on

plane and top out at 41-42 mph at 4600 rpm (gps). If you boat in a river system

where water depth vary you will like Bll"s. Its had to hurt them. Props are a lot cheaper also.

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird