Options

New 2005 290 FV Owner - Bimini Top question

Good Evening!  I have just purchased a 2005 290 FV.  I have begun the task of replacing some of the items that were "Worn".  What I am finding is that anytime I am asked to select the model of Rinker, the 290 never seems to be listed.  Anyone know if there is another model I should be selecting?  Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What 'worn' parts are you looking for?  A lot of times the boat model is not needed information, things like engine/outdrive model and s/n mean a lot. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure that it is a 2005? Check the HIN. The 290FV ran from 2002-2004, but there could have been a few with a 2005 model year before they switched it over to the 300FV. There is a website that sells bimini parts, link, or try PM'ing boattech01 on here with what you are looking for. He can get you pretty much whatever you need. The other option for you is to contact a local canvass person in your area and they can make the pieces that you need replaced.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    jhortajhorta Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    This is what I see from boathistoryreport.com ...

Model Year:2005
    Certification Year:2004 (May)

I did not know that they switched it over to the model name 300FV.  I did see THAT option on a few websites. 

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen, as I am a noob, this is not the last time you will most like hear from me. 

I'll check out that link as well...Thanks again!

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Your boat could still be a 290FV. If it was built in May of 2004, it would have been a 2005 Model year before they started making the 300FV. The best way to confirm is to email Randy Rinker with your HIN and explain to him what you need as far as a bimini and the troubles that you are having since your boat is a 2005, but none of the sites are showing that year boat. The last four digits on your HIN should be E405, which would be May 04 build, 2005 model year.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    jhortajhorta Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    So I'm about to ask a NOOB question here.  What is Randy Rinker's email address??  And thanks for the replys and help.  
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cindy will be the better way to go.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that Randy R doesn't work hard, but he will likely just go to Cindy anyways on this one.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"