Options

Engine start up question

laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in Engine Discussions
I have a 2005 Rinker Fiesta 270 with a 6.0 MPI Mercruisrer Bravo 3. Boat starts right up when cold at dock no problem. If a go out for a cruise then shut down on the lake for a swim, or sunset the boat cranks and cranks to restart. It always starts back up but takes like 6-10 sec to crank over. Mechanic suggested to run blower before and after I shut off motor because some of those boats "vapor lock."  Anyone have similar problem? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If these things had an o2 sensor there wouldn't be a problem.... fuel trim is computer controlled via scripted tables, and hard coded... the engine doesn't know it's temperature, the ambient temperature, the mass of air in the intake manifold, ect... So, it tosses fuel at an engine as it would otherwise, or as it would cold... In short, you're starting rich... Try this as a remedy, not a bandaide and report if it works, as it may help others: on a warm engine, turn the key to on but don't bump the starter for at least five full seconds... This should allow the sensors to report and the computer to adjust for the actual temperature of the engine, ambient temp, air mass, intake temperature, ect... And, I bet it works better for you.
  • Options
    laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    Copy love the suggestion