Options

Main / Air Conditioning switch

yetiyeti Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
Can Anyone tell me what this switch is for?  I have never been able to notice any difference in either position

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    That changes the volt meter to the left of the switch. It should also have a center off. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    yetiyeti Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    I'm not following you.  I am a novice when it comes to electrical stuff.  How does it change the volt meter?
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    what Raybo is saying is if the switch is on main, it will read the main shore voltage on the meter.  If it is on air conditioner, it will read the voltage being supplied to the A/C.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhhhh, that makes sense. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Handy if you use 2 shore power connections or to watch for low voltage if you have a long / undersized cord. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    My gauge has not worked for the last year. Thought it was bad. Till I saw this thread. The stupid switch was in the middle. Never knew wha it did. LOL. Learn something new all the time. 

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

• Options
     312, that sure is true.  I learn something each time I log on here (which the admiral tells me is a lot :D  )

• Options
    RY, it reads the house batteries.  I use mine to gauge when I need to start up my genny.  I did compare it with a DVM right on the battery.  Mine at the panel is about 0.3V lower than what is actually at the battery.