Cowes I.O.W. Views of Port

terrypageterrypage Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
Last day of my holiday.  I enjoy viewing your pic's so here is a few from my stomping grounds. Hope you like them.  Terry

Comments

• JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
  • jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Nice pictures, and nice boat Terry! I see boating is as popular in the UK as in the US.  Tell me, do you have ethanol in your fuel, or is it just a dumb American idea?
  • terrypageterrypage Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    No it's the first I've heard of the additive but no doubt some clever **** will make it compulsive over here.  I've had boats for many years but I'm surprised how much I regard Rinker's.  She goes very well even with 5.7 Volvo I would advise anyone to consider the make.  Cowes is a major centre for yachting.  Racing goes on all the year round. That's why so many are in the picture ( boats that is,). Happy cruising.  Terry
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Great looking Rinker, Terry. The Rinker family (Lossie Rinker) started out building racing skiffs and boats. That's why their hulls are so strong and fast. My 2014 EC 360 will smoke 350 Cruisers and 360 Sea Rays with the same engines. It drives those guys nuts - bonus. You are so lucky the enviro nuts haven't introduced ethanol (corn derivative) into your gas it' s cr*p. Just a gimmic from the friggin' corn farm industry. Tuff on engines, less HP for unit of fuel so slower with less torque. Anyway, enough of that - beautiful pics. MT
    Post edited by raybo3 on
    Thanks for the info MT.  We have the Southampton annual boat show here next week I regret no Renkers. But I will try to find interesting similar crafts and post some pictures if it
     will be of interest. The Sunseekers dominate the cruiser market in the UK but there are good other boats.  Good to speak.  Terry
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Sunseeker does make some really nice boats. Pics would be great.MT
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Hi Terry,

Nice pictures 
    Paul 
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pictures. Memories forever! 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,457 admin
    Awesome pictures very nice looking 270.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    Thanks I love my boat
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    Beautiful pictures Terry!  I can't get over how green that water looks.  Much better than the brownish color we have here.  How's the water clarity over there?  Can you see more than a couple feet in depth?

We'll be having our annual Annapolis boat show in a few weeks.  Sometimes there's Rinkers, sometimes not.  Lately we have not had them at the show since there is no local dealer anymore.  Definitely would love to see more pictures!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Hi Di,  Thanks for the comments.  The Solent is quite clean considering the industrial content in Southampton water, but you can't see down very far.   We have had holidays in the Florida Keys there you can see down for ever.   The water colour on the south side of the I.O. Wight is green, and very deep in places.   I thought your neck of the woods would be lovely.  If you have the time google the Solent there are some really nice cruising areas.   Rinker's are few in the U K  we only have one broker and he's in Wales but that's a shame they are fab boats. I will try to post a couple of pictures.  Cheers.   Terry