Any one have a perko flush pro

scottb3200scottb3200 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
I have a rinker 320 with  2 Mercuriser 5.0 MPI with bravo111 raw water 
I want to put in a flush pro 
Any thoughts 

Comments

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Yes, this is a good option as long as the caps on either end are well sealed while running engines.  The engines create a huge vaccum and if the caps leak air ever so little, the air gets super heated and causes the engines to overheat.  If not aware of this little known fact people have chased this gremlin only to find a not well sealed cap after hours or days of frustrations. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod

I'd be too afraid of any water restriction.  Those impellers on the pump can only drawl so much and any restriction would cause overheat.  Take it from someone that has burnt up an engine in their past.  It does look like something that would work for at least a while, but you also need to ask, will the water I boat in cause any build up inside this thing to keep the valve from working? If you are in salt water or brackish, how long will that spring inside last?  Sorry for playing Devil's advocate, just thinking out loud.  I almost did something similar years ago on my 310 but just couldn't do it.

You could put a one-way valve in the line and then between it and the engine put a 'T' that would come up to a hose connection with a seal screw cap.  You are still depending on that valve to allow proper flow.  Also a ball valve would allow this same thing but you'd have to get in the engine room to switch it each time, and it would probably restrict some flow as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express