Options

No water at sinks

rascalrascal Member Posts: 2
I recently bought a 2006 270 Rinker and I filled the water tank, turned on galley pump on dash and heard the pump noise but no water flowing through sinks when spigots where open. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Checking to see if there's a priming step you may have missed. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Is it maybe still trying to fill the hot water tank?  I usually only turn on one faucet at time so there is pressure.  You should check the water heater to make sure the drain is not open or hoses aren't undone for winterization?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Following up on Dream_Inn...here's the recommendation from Randy Rinker: 

First make sure the supply hose from the tanks is tight at the tank fittings and the pump. Also the filter is clean. Sometimes the pump diaphragms get weak with age or dry some from sitting dormant over the storage period. You can remove the pump from the wall mounting and drop it as low as you can. This will let the water flow to the pump easier. Once primed the water will loosen the diaphragms up and it will work. If this doesn’t work you will probably need to replace the pump.
  • Options
    DZDZ Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Had the same problem at the start of last season. Unmounted the pump, took it apart, looked at it and thought, "huh, wonder how that works." Hooked up 12VDC to it and it hummed and vibrated, and I still wondered how it worked. Put it back in and it was fine. Sometimes random disassembly and reassembly is the way to go...
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    probably air-locked.  if you unscrew the filter bowl a bit and let it bleed you can get it to work too.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    During the survey when I bought my boat the sinks wouldn't work. No one (mechanic, broker or surveyor) could figure it out & they decided my pump was junk. When I got the boat home, I found that the shower handle on the back of the boat had not been connected to the hose during the spring commission. That's all it was.