2007 280 EC Water leaking into aft cabin

I am open to suggestions on this one. The mid berth is getting wet after a rain or washing down the boat. I believe the window is leaking, as well as the windshield as it was loose and some of the screws keep turning and wont tighten down. I ordered a new seal kit for the windshield, kit includes boat to frame foam, screws, screw cover trim. Any recommendations for the turning screws? Is there a way to fill the holes with resin? I am also going to reseal the items on top of the arch and lift the arch and reseal arch to boat area. A member is sending me the instructions on resealing the window. Hopefully this will stop the leaks!! Any comments welcome, thank you.

2007 300 EC, 350 Mags, B3's, Table Rock Lake, MO

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. Looking at the window, it appears to be sealed really well. The screws in the rub rain were never caulked, so I pulled a length of it off and squirted 3M 4000 in each hole and replaced the screws. I was looking at my shore power and phone/cable gaskets and they seem to be failing. I am going to pull them off and reseal them hopefully this weekend. Pulling the window out seems like a project and one that can't be done in the water. I talked with Jim Black and there are taps that hold the stainless ring in place. They told me that if I unscrew it from the inside it should pull out. Mine won't, so it must really be sealed with something strong. If you find out a better way to get it out, please let me know. Also check the drain hole on your arch. If it is plugged, water will back up and work its way around the bolts that hold the arch to the hull. Resealing the bolts is another project that I am going to do this fall or next spring. You can gain access to them via the speaker holes. One thing that I do is lift up the mattress and set the AC on humidity mode so the carpet stays dry.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    Sent you a message CG. Going to reseal the shore power boxes as well this weekend. 

2007 300 EC, 350 Mags, B3's, Table Rock Lake, MO

• seguirseguir Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    As soon as I tightened the screws on the windshield and covered them with silicon...No more leak.   I didn't have to remove the windshield.  When I was tightening the screws I could see the gasket underneath compress.   I did this in the spring and we have had lots of rain, no wet bed anymore.   I am hoping it will last.
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Butyl tape is a great alternative to silicone/4200 for sealing things like shore power boxes, etc. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI