Options

ignition selonoid

2»

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ras, imo the battery you show has less capacity than I would use in two areas. First, I would want at least a series 27 but prefer a series 31 for increased plate area. Second, imo your MCA on that battery is low. As a bare minimum, maybe, 800MCA. I think Al recommended 1000MCA  for EFI/MPI engines on one of his posts. That's what I use - as a minimum. I like series 31 1000 MCA, and of course, I like the AGMs. MT
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank diamond...explains other issues as well then. So much stuff to figure out- is the bat we have ok for house bat for the time being? Off for slave cylinder and new start battery...
  • Options

well, was pulling battery and getting ready to install new SL and looked at the corroded  connection on the circuit breaker and thought well, I  I'll just clean that up, and snap! How much is that dang thing?

• Options
    circuit breaker right next to the slave cylinder in the ignition circuit I believe...
  • Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 10
    Just chiming in I just picked up a fv270 hardly used. After have intermittant starting problems located wire on the top selonoid had a bad connection. The wire maybe 14ga. Had a rubber boot similar to spark plug wire. This was pressed down onto a stud. I noticed the rubber was bottomed. I cut a 1/6 off and did not have another problem. That was three months ago. 
  • Options
    interesting....
  • Options
    well, picked up the circuit breaker, 80 bucks......but it is also re designed with a stud that would be pretty darn hard to break.
  • Options
    well, installed all including new proper battery and same thing so.....Power is getting to the starter, you can hear it wanting to try to turn and then stops. So I want to start tracing all the power, see if I have a bad ground somewhere and praying the starter is not toast, looks like on the bottom of the bell housing? Manual shows both ways, can't say I can see it and looks like the wires heads to the bottom...anyway, will start with the isolater switch and work my way down. Manual has several tests to preform and have that printed out but nothing on the isolater....other than making sure of good connections on the isolater switch, anyway to test it? Any other obvious things to check??