Options

2004/2005 290FV - Snap on Carpet Templates

Any 2004/05 290 FV owners have a template for the snap on carpets.  Looking to order replacements, and before I begin the process of creating templates, figured I would ask on here first.  Lazy but efficient....

Comments

• Options
    jhortajhorta Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Are you saying that they have the template, or are you recommending them??
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recommending them, very good.  Get the 'grey' backing, NOT the black waffle stuff, they will send you samples too for colors if you want.  They loaned me the snap installer tool too, but I am local to them also.  Put the snaps in yourself or have a marine canvas place do it, the snap pattern is not uniform from boat to boat.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Was it difficult to make the templates??
  • Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    They have the template.  Just go to their site and they will contact you with price and a picture of the template.  I want to modify mine, so I have to contact them again.  
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Options
    Hmmm...They seem to think they don't have the template.  Do you know the template ID they used?
  • Options
    The is asking me for a template ID from anyone who may have ordered a set for the 04/05 FV290.  They go by the template ID, not the model number.

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    I know they have a template for 2003 290 fv I seen it on their web site
  • Options
    The guy I'm emailing doesn't seem to think he has it.  And I quote

"I have viewed all of our templates.  I can not find one that looks identical to this view.  Would you have the old carpet available to duplicate"

I sent him the overhead view of the cockpit.  
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RinkerYan said:
    The should have all the Templates. I believe they did all the carpet for Rinkers. Contact Cindy at Nautic Global Group. She will tell you who made the carpert for your boat.
    Rinker cuts and binds all of their own carpet, or they did up until 4 years ago. I had them make me new carpet for my 232 five years ago. All I had to do was send the old carpet to Cindy and they used their machine to pattern it. It worked out great, but it was the same black backed carpet that tends to fall apart.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Sku# rinker290fv03-05 price $568 just got this of their web site snapincarpet 
  • Options
    Haha...The link given to me WAYYY above was to snapincarpets.com. I see it now. 
  • Options
    I just did the same thing... There are two snap in carpet sites to two different companies. The first is www.snapincarpet.com and the other is www.snapincarpets.com. There are a few differences in the sites. Unfortunately I don't see a template for my 2008 280EC on the snapincarpet.com site.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I just did the same thing... There are two snap in carpet sites to two different companies. The first is www.snapincarpet.com and the other is www.snapincarpets.com. There are a few differences in the sites. Unfortunately I don't see a template for my 2008 280EC on the snapincarpet.com site.
    Go Steelers!!!