Options

Boat Vinyl Wrap

MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in Generator Discussions

This ones for RY.

Here are pics of my friends boat who vinyl wrapped his very old boat, over gelcoating or painting.

This is going on 3 years now.  Some parts had dull deposits on the wrap. I rubbed it lightly with my thumb and it came off really easy, leaving a shiny surface.  Can anyone say "easy"?

photo 20140922_180433_zpsfeef1d16jpg

photo 20140922_180312_zpsfda4221ajpg

photo 20140922_180304_zps32c97cf1jpg

photo 20140922_180503_zpsa6d4ee7cjpg

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Post edited by MarkB on

Comments

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    I assume you mean vinyl wrap?
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Hahaha, yes Joe. Thanks, all fixed up. That's what happens when I'm thinking one thing and typing another. 

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    So you're saying this owner took an older boat (looks like mid-90's vintage), applied a vinyl wrap over old paint and gelcoat, and it still looks good after three years.  Impressive.  Maybe a little peeling around the edges on the superstructure, and you can see the vinyl seams, but overall it looks pretty good.

Is the boat in Ontario?  I'm guessing fresh water.  Does he shrink-wrap it for winter storage?  
  • Options
    He is in Lake Ontario. Yes, he shrink wraps it and leaves the boat in the marina yard. Yes, you can see some seams if you take a close look, I literally had my phone 8" from the boat when I took those pictures (and I took them of the seams on purpose to show the worst of it).  But if you stand back (like in the overall photo) and take a look, it looks almost brand new.  The stuff actually works well. 

The reason he did it is (a) he had to do something as the boat was looking tarnished, and (b) he has a friend in the vinyl wrapping business who offered it to him on the hull. He was so impressed, he had the entire cockpit wrapped.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    dbombdbomb Member Posts: 3
    The teeth on the bow of my boat was done by a company called PRO-CAL. This will be the third season and they still look great.