Options

trailer switch on bravo3

swedeswede Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
Hello
problem with my trailer switch , pressing the trimtab an nothing happens.
something wrong? 
Tips anyone?

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drives do not move up/down at all? I would start with the breakers. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Trim works not trailer can i do something wrong its the same switch 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you push the switch hard, sometimes they stick and are hard to push.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    edited October 2014
    On my 342 the trim for the outdrives are the 2 (1 for each drive) black rocker switches that show a little picture of a boat with arrows. The trailer switch (1 switch controls both drives) is on the remote handle and is a black flat switch that you push up or down.  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    You can but remember you can raise the drives up and almost out of the water pretty fast. Also you can trim side to side to a point using the drives instead of the tabs using the "trim" buttons. I use the trailer switch when I trim my boat.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 on Aeros comment. Press it HARD. It has a secondary position that takes a deliberate effort to engage.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Thanks 
    Pressed hard and its works :D
  • Options
    I only have one button to trim/trailer the drives on my set up. No separate trim per drive switch.  Maybe it is a B-III thing..or another oddity of my boat. lol

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    yes, yes.  OK now, I have that set up too.  See what happens a week away from the boat after hauling for the season?  lol

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    The two on the base allow you to raise each drive individually and (pushing harder) raise individually to trailer.  The one throttle will raise both drives just to trimming levels.....now, this is all different on my current boat.  I have 3 buttons on my throttle (DTS), one for each drive, one for both.  No separate trailer...Geez, I guess it means I can't pull it home behind my truck this winter! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Geeez DI, what to you have for a truck, a Kenworth? MT
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bravo III but only one trim switch, it raises it plenty to trailer it....
  • Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

I was so mad when I couldn't figure out how to trim my drive up higher than say 1/3 the way ("trailer" mode).  I was in shallow water (motor off) and the skeg was digging sand when waves would come by (Gull Island, Lake St. Clair on a busy day).

Looked all over for a separate trailer button... couldn't find one.  The thumb switch on the throttle had some cryptic drawings on it so I pushed "harder than I thought I should" while also pulling the shift/lock thing (that let's you shift out of neutral)... the thumb switch went in further and the drive went QUICKLY into "trailer mode".

2014 Single Bravo III

-=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC