Options

2007 Fiesta Vee - Rear Door Barrel Bolt

Finally broke the rear door barrel bolt on our 2007 Fiesta Vee.  Could someone please help me in figuring out which of these is the right fit?  Thanks!

Perko, Barrel Bolt, Chrome Plated Bronze, 3-7/16" X 1-7/16"
22560947DP1CHR3-7/16" x 1-7/16"

Perko, Barrel Bolt, Chrome Plated Bronze, 4-5/16" X 1-7/16"
203249947DP2CHR4-5/16" X 1-7/16"

Perko, Barrel Bolt, Chrome Plated Bronze, 5-1/4" X 1-7/16"
22562947DP3CHR5-1/4" x 1-7/16"

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Welcome to the club.....lol

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the mechanics who (used to) worked on my boat broke mine. They replaced it a day later. I didn't fret about it.  

Unscrew the latch off and there should be a part number on it.  Order the same part.

Otherwise, can't you measure your old one?  The dimensions provided sound like the latch base plate.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    2007_250FiestaVee2007_250FiestaVee Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Mark.  I'll do that next time we're up at the boat.  Unfortunately, I didn't think of doing anything that you suggested while we were still with the boat.
  • Options
    Have you put your boat away for the winter?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    2007_250FiestaVee2007_250FiestaVee Member Posts: 8
    Not yet.  We'll be back up in a couple of weeks.  
  • Options
    I wouldn't go on someone else's advice. Who knows what they put in. I wouldn't think it needs to be the same latch from one FV to the next. It could be simply what parts were available.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RY: you doomed yourself to breaking your latch..like the rest of us.  lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I did it once. The very first time I opened the hatch. Did not know you had to open door and did not know how the hatch opened......lol Replaced it and have never had a problem since........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    I keep one barrel bolt assembly aboard in the tool box at the "ready" in case I have the boat to something "formal"  and need to look "formal."  lol

Also have a length of the quarter inch dowel aboard for a practically endless supply of bolts for regular times.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the largest one, 22562. I just replaced mine in August. Someone latched the door while I wasn't looking and I raised the hatch to put a ball fender away and there it went. Next time I am going to do the wooden dowel.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    We need to round up some of these common part numbers of items that get broken (like the barrel bolt), or are commonly used (like oil filters), and create a sticky. It would make for easy reference.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    FDNY49FDNY49 Member Posts: 116 ✭✭
    Welcome to the broken barrel bolt club. Suggest a little red nail polish on hatch switch as a reminder.
  • Options
    I made a label "Check Door" and put it above the switch.
    Go Steelers!!!