Options

Drewactual

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
edited January 2015 in Non-Boating Related
Sorry to say Drew is no longer on the RBOC. Nothing to do with the forum or anybody on it. Hopefully some day he will be back.
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
Post edited by mvn on

Comments

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    To bad.
    We are going to miss a lot of good Infos and knowledge
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    Oh man, I hope nothing serious here. We will really miss him and his vast engine knowledge!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    RY, yes that is what it looks like.

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Personally, I've never seen anything I took as offensive or even close to anything to be banned from him...or anyone on here for that matter.  I just looked around, everything from him is wiped, he's now 'not a member'. We'll miss him 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    What would cause somebody to be ban!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's pretty disappointing
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish Drew the best. I have enjoyed and respected Drew's postings. Due to privacy regulations we will likely never know the reasons for this decision but I trust, respect, and appreciate the selfless and ongoing work of our moderators. As Steve had said in the past and we all agree - we are a boating family. Pain to one hurts all. MT
  • Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    First Al leaves for reasons unknown and now Drew gets booted for reasons unknown......right about now, I'm kinda missing the original Rinker Boat Owners website that Talon set up years ago.
  • Options
    pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Agreed.

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Options
    Drew was not banned. That was the only way I could keep all his info on subject matters on the forum. If he was deleted we would have lost everything he posted. Drew posted some great stuff and if would have been a shame to lose it all. Like I said hopefully some day he will be back. This was his choice and nothing to do with the anyone or the forum. Sorry for all the confusion.  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Everything is OK with Drew. No health issues or anything like that. Hopefully someday he will be back. Al hope things work out and you get to stay. We all missed you here. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drew, come back.  Who else is going to give us detailed responses on engine stuff??

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
      Hmmm... he posts a picture in the "face" thread and the next thing you know he disappears. "Somebody" found him.... >:)

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭

OH man... I don't know who "Drewactual" was, but I'm a Rinker n00B and I feel like I missed out! 

Sounds like he was a well respected guy.  Hopefully everything is OK with him and he can some day make it back on the forum.

-=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    I agree with you mikegloomis, I'm also a newbie it Seems like he was really liked here
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Mike and Luckydog, you may be new to our forum and maybe even a bit new to cruising but you're both smart enough to have purchased Rinkers (which immediately puts you to the head of the boating class) and you both ask intelligent questions. You won't be "new" here for long. Glad you're here, you'll have a lot of fun on this site and, like all of us, learn a lot from each other. MT
  • Options
    Drew did not put his picture up. I hope he comes back again....
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Well, I think we need to respect a person's privacy.  I'm glad I got to know him on here and will get to still view his posts, cause he is a really knowledgeable guy when it comes to engines!

& yes, we are glad to see Al back here!  Hopefully things will go well for you and you can stay aboard here!  We always welcome your input!  This place really is family to me & I really enjoy meeting anyone on here that I can!

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Hmm.  Both Drewactual and Alswagg are legends on RBOC, but has anyone ever physically seen them both together?  Maybe they are the same person! 

In any case, if Drew ever reads this -- thanks for your valuable contributions to the forum.  I hope we'll hear from you in the future.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    I don't think it's fair to speculate. Who knows what the reason is.

Having said that, maybe he was kidnapped by aliens ... or maybe he is an alien and is returning to his home in another parallel universe.  Yes, that may be it.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Trust me Drew and Al are NOT the same person......lol Like I said hopefully Drew will come back. Dream is 100% correct give him his privacy. Drew was a great contributor here and is always welcome to come back when its best for him. I changed his "screen" name so we did not lose any of his comments. 
  • Options
    golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to see him leave. We are lucky to have had the likes of Drewactual and Alswagg on this forum. Their knowledge has been extremely helpful. Hopefully one or both of them will return in the near future. On the other hand we still have many people with real life experience with Rinkers that can be very helpful to others. 
    Jerry
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    wow, I'll miss his contributions to the forum.  Come back soon Drew!
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Yeah, sorry to see that he's no longer on here. I've enjoyed his posts.

No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Sound like a government conspiracy, all the good guys disappear.  

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

• Options
    Jeez............. Thanks.....
  • Options
     I guess we're no good anymore Raybo! :\ (I at least had you higher in those rankings)

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Thanks DI but I had nothing to do with it.......lol Drew did sent me a PM telling me why he had to leave. I change his name because its the only way not to lose his info. Damned if I do damned if I dont...... go figure...lol
  • Options
      I guess my comment was taken wrong (I know you had nothing to do with it).  I meant from Al's comment of al the good guys disappearing.  You & I are still here (& I had you as one of the better of the good guys).  :D

This discussion has been closed.