New fill in cushion for sun pad 2013-260

MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
for sale never been used fill in cushion for 2013 260. $100.00 plus shipping 

Comments

• seguirseguir Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

That's a good deal folks!

• Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

Is this for between the rear seats in the cockpit?  Is it white?

I have the fixed rear seat (not convertible), does this fit?

-=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, yes, the fill in cushion refers to a cushion that fits between the two benches behind the helm (short one and long one on stern).  You will see a ledge under the cushion of each of these benches. The filler cushion has support legs/brackets that basically rest on these ledges. It turns those two benches into a sun tan bed.  I think I paid $400 for mine, when I bought my boat, so $100 is a great price.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Waiting for Mike to confirm color, no other parts needed to "install", and final cost (including shipping).

2014 Rinker 260EC

• MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    I received it in about May of 2013.  It came directly from Rinker factory to me.  It was a deal I made with Randy Rinker because if a problem I had with my boat.  The fillin is all white with the posts.  I will try and take a picture and post it. 
    Hey.. I just checked and it's the same.  I'll take it (sending you a PM)

2014 Rinker 260EC

• seguirseguir Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    My daughter like sun bathing on it....we have used it a couple of times for sleeping.   It really only fits one person or two tiny kids for sleeping.  I paid well over $400.00. You will like it.  It fits great in the storage area right behind the captain chair.
    edited October 2014
    Mike G.  I  sent you pictures to your email address.  Let me know if you received them.  I might suggest that if you decide to purchase it I would remove the rods from the seat to insure they are not damaged in shipment.  They have x phillips head screws.  I would label to insure each one to ensure they were re-installed in the original places.  I am going to get shipping information this week.  Have been very busy these last couple of weeks.
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike G.  - Mike 342s idea to remove the screws that hold the chrome support poles on the fill-in cushion for shipping is a real smart one. If I may chime in. When you re-install the poles make sure the phillips screws screws are going very smoothly into those  little "plugs with barbs" on the other side of the starboard backing. I cross threaded one of those little buggers two years ago, because I was in a rush. I had to remove staples, pulkl back the upholstery, put a new "plug" in and re-staple the upholstery on my fill-in cushion. I should have been way more careful. MT
    edited October 2014

Got your email.  Looks good.

I'm trying to think if I can reach the other seat with my feet when I'm sitting on the rear bench.  That's why I would get it, just to be able to chillax at bit more.  Doesn't hurt re-sale either just to have it as an option.  I don't think I would ever "sun bath" on it.  I have the optional bow pad and girls seem to like to be up there "on display" anyway. ;)

Seguir - Seeing how large that is, I can't see it fitting "in the storage compartment right behind the captain chair" though... no way. -=Mike G.

EDIT: Thinking more... this might be something I never use either. lol But if shipping costs aren't too bad, why not get it. B)

Post edited by Mike_G on

2014 Rinker 260EC

• JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    They are great for chillin on admiral loves are for late night star watching 
    edited October 2014
    No admiral for me..  Need to find me a recruit or two...  >:)

2014 Rinker 260EC

• JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    No admiral for me..  Need to find me a recruit or two...  >:)
    That shouldn't be a problem in your neighborhood 
    I took a gamble when purchasing the fill-in cushion for our 2014 360. It is one of the Admiral's and our friends favourite opiniopn. I like it a lot too. You just put your feet up with a drink and it's like being on a comfortable couch. We just store it wherever and it's  never really in nthe way. For $100 imo it's a great deal. MT
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    edited October 2014
    It's funny, on our 310 we never took down the fill-in cushions.  Always left them up and used it as a nice couch.  On our 400, we leave the table up in the back and have rarely (maybe twice a year) used the cushions.  I guess maybe because there is more room to lay around without it already, or maybe also because we now like having a table back there...I don't know.  But I agree, it is nice to have them for whatever you feel like doing.

Oh, and on our 310, we'd unsnap the rear bimini and in seconds slide it forward to look at the stars while laying on those cushions...definitely had some good sleeping nights there (except that one you've all heard about waking up to see tree branches).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The admiral likes the fill in cushion on our boat. It is a PITA to store it, but overall it is a cool option. She likes it for laying out in the sun.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    I just store mine in the aft cabin.  When I need to sleep there, I just move it up to the space between the helm and the captain's seat. It's easy to access that way.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Yeah... probably what I will do too.  The mid-berth is already full of cushions anyway.  The filler for the v-berth is in there, then the 3 large cushions that make up the bow pad, and a pillow.  What's one more cushion to throw in there too.  Just have to be careful because I put a nice little circle stretch mark in one of the bow pads with the "legs" from the v-berth filler.  I'm hoping that having it sitting in the hot sun next year will make that go away. -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

Dream_Inn said:
    ...definitely had some good sleeping nights there (except that one you've all heard about waking up to see tree branches).

OMG!  That would be quite surprising! lol  Assuming your anchor pulled on ya?  I stayed on the boat once and was too afraid to anchor out in the lake (by Gull Island) because of that.  I ended up just coming back and staying in the marina (my first time sleeping on a boat).

I need to see if I have "anchor watch" or whatever it is called on my cell phone/tablet "Navonics" app.  If not, I'll have to buy a GPS for the dash I guess.  Any good ideas on a decent "affordable" one that will fit on a 260 EC?  I don't think I can even get a 7" to fit. :(  I don't need a depth sounder or anything, and I don't want to screw into the top of my dash.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an app called 'dragqueen'. I have used it and it works pretty well for an anchor alarm.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    Navionics has a drift alarm app as well. I made an aluminum bracket for my friend's 2012 EC 260 that fit a 7" Garmin. If you decide you want a gps I may have some pictures of it. MT
    There is an app called 'dragqueen'. I have used it and it works pretty well for an anchor alarm.

I don't know if I want that on my phone!!! :p  I'll check it out.  Thanks!

2014 Rinker 260EC

Michael T said:
    Navionics has a drift alarm app as well. I made an aluminum bracket for my friend's 2012 EC 260 that fit a 7" Garmin. If you decide you want a gps I may have some pictures of it. MT

What does it mount to?  I don't really want to drill holes in the top of my dash if I can avoid it. (I know, I know... a bit picky I am. ;)  )  I was thinking of trying to fab up something to mount my phone or a small tablet with GPS and Navonics to (although at that point in might as well just buy a GPS almost).  I bought a 12V to USB charging thingy for 3 bucks from the discount rack at OReilys that works for keeping the phone charged...  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

The bracket I made was U shaped like the plastic garmin bracket except that it had two articulating arms for extra flexibility. It was mounted on the dash just below the front instrument cluster and you could see over it to the gauges. I have also seen a very nice job done on a Rinker 260 this summer. The guy said he bought a nav pod from West Marine. He sprayed it to match his dash and had it installed on top of the dash to the right side. It looked really custom. A number of guys with boats that size were admiring it. MT
    edited October 2014

Hmm... I will have to take a trip to West Marine then.

Thank you sir as always! -=Mike G.

EDIT:  OH.. and BTW.. to ground ship that cushion from I'm assuming southern Ohio or wherever Mikes342 is from is over $150!!!!  I'm just going to meet him half way and pick it up.  Much cheaper that way, and no needing to take it apart.

2014 Rinker 260EC

edited October 2014
    Check out what I just installed to hold my phone. Can use GPS or fishing apps on it now, or music for that matter via the radio system.

The four arms are spring loaded, and it grips your phone. Works with many different sizes.

photo phonegrip_zps5b0aafcejpg

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Whoa!  Looks neat!  Does it actually hold your phone tight enough in say 2-3 foot "bathtub" waves?  I see you screwed it in... wonder if some "trim tape" (the stuff auto manufactures use to mount rear spoilers on trunks and stuff) would hold it.

What is it and where did you get it from?  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

Oh yeah. If you tried pulling the phone out you would bend the grips before it released. It's a ram product. 

"Boat + Water = Fun"

edited November 2014
    • Just a note to say Thanks to Mike.  We met in Bowling Green Ohio about 1 1/2 hours drive for both of us.  He picked up the cushion and we talked about boats for about 45 minutes. We really enjoyed our discussion.  He is a real quality guy.
    Post edited by MIKES342 on
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Always neat to meet people from this forum!  I take the opportunity any time that I can!  Met Black Diamond a few ago & discussed boats for 5 hours over some good food and drinks!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express