Options

Fiesta vee 250 battery switch location

BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
Hello all, new boat owner here im cant get any power to the boat the guy i bought it from said to turn the battery on in the engine compartment, but i cant find a switch.
also there is ony one battery the other has been removed, do i need a battery in the second battery box?

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a compartment door next to your entrance at the stern? If so, the switch should be behind this compartment door. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I found the switch this morning, it had a home made label saying Bilge, thanks for the reply, do i need a second battery?

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good to have a second battery to run everything except the engine. This way you know your engine is OK to start even if you run the second battery dry. Also you should have a crank battery for the engine and a deep cycle for everything else. Deep cycles are much better at running them to low voltages, where crank batteries are goo for high amps needed to turn starter over. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    OK great thank you, Ill get a deep cycle then, i just wish they had the switch in a location up on deck instead of in the engine bay!