Problem with jabsco quiet flush

The problem that I have is, the toilet on my 312 won't suck up any sea water in to the bowl. Its a jabsco quiet flush 37045 The valve  is open. If I pour water in to the bowl, it will shoot it into the holding tank no problem. Is this a case of toilet failure and replace it or is there something else going on. All the fittings are tight and lines are clear. Do I need to prime it?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the strainer too, if it is plugged you'll get no water draw.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Steve, given your information I suspect the pump. That pump should be on a breaker or fuse. As well, have you checked the connections at the pump, behind the toilet and at the panel for loose connections, bad ground and/or corrosion? MT
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Make sure the pump is running when you push the fill button. On my 342 I only 1 time take the fill hose off the pump fill it with water and it worked great. Again only 1 time in 7 years go figure. Give that a shot and see what happens... Good luck and keep us posted....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    I thank you all for the great advice, Will be at the boat this weekend will keep you advised. Again thank you all very much
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Also if there is a slight crack in the line you could be drawing air. But likely the strainer is blocked. 
    Post edited by MarkB on

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    You guys where right it was the pump, There is power going to the pump but when I took it apart it was all rotted on the inside. Thanks for the help