I live in Nashville. Can I stay on my 2002 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342 all winter?

tdoggie1tdoggie1 Member Posts: 16
I just paid a killer price on this 2002 , one owner, great shape. I got it to not to have drive 64 miles round trip  (1 hour 10 usually each way).  I just got married and threatened divorce if we didn't do something! :-)  I have been loving the 10 min drive in heavy traffic.  If we winterize the water tank and keep the warm water faucets dripping from shore water, can I live on the boat through the winter? Save my marriage! J

Best Answers

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Congrats on the boat.  We got the same age 342 back in May.  Had a great first season on her.  But right now she's getting ready for shrink wrap.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• MustardMustard Member Posts: 8
    Answer ✓
    In Nashville you should be ok, I have not winterized a boat in 20 years.  I use my 360 year round here.  I have two bilge approved heater's and use one in the cabin.  I do drain my water when not on board and at my dock we have water access year round so I just fill up as needed.  I do turn my A/C unit when I know the temp is going to remain below 32 both all day and all night for a few days.  Never had a problem so far.  At my club we also have security that checks our power twice a day.  I leave a lamp on the back deck, if something fails they call me.   
  • rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you are living on the boat, you will have heat on, correct.  If so, you should not have any issues with the lines freezing up.  I am close to nashville and even when I pull the boat for the winter and sit it in my driveway, I do not winterize the fresh water because I keep heaters in the bilge and the cabin.  Even last year with the rough winter, I had no problems with the fresh water.  Just be smart, and if you see a cold snap coming on and you are concerned, then let it drip.  I personally don't think you will have a problem.

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

Answers

• tdoggie1tdoggie1 Member Posts: 16
    :)  Thanks for the answer, however disappointing.
  • tdoggie1tdoggie1 Member Posts: 16
    Much appreciated to you all for all your help with my question!!!!!!
  • rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    RYan,  Yes leave all sinks dripping and that will help avoid freeze up.  Moving water doesn't freeze as easily as sitting water.  Waste some water, but better than the other alternative.  Since he is in Nashville, he wouldn't have to let them drip all winter only on days when there is a concern about freezing.  But like I said above, I personally don't think that he will have any issues, particularly if you have heat on in the cabin.  The warm cabin I believe would be sufficient to ensure no freeze ups.   

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

• BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    If it was my boat I'd winterize it PERIOD

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Any boat can be left in the water year round if you take the proper precautions. Winterizing the engines is a must. If ice is a problem you may need a bubbler. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • RoadrageRoadrage Member Posts: 6
    Just got back from Nashville.1st time visit.
    what a awesum City u have there.
    Never had a chance to visit any of the lakes around there...we hàd near record hi temps for our visit....would have been sweet to hit some lakes ...but that wasnt our mission.
    Just 5 days of **** tonkz & BBQ ;)
    now for rehab ..& colon cleanz 
    FWIW....I just drug my Sleds out of Summer storage today....
    6 months of winter up here....
    Just had to tell you how nice everyone was to our lil group of Drunk Canukz .