Options

Raw water cooling from hose

SeaShiftSeaShift Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
I'm not getting any water through the drive to the water pump on the hose.  Could it be obstructed.   I took the hose off the pump coming from the transom assembly ran water backwards and it comes out of the drive easily.   The engine will not pump water on the hose what so ever, which is obvious because I can't get water from the drive up to the pump.   Any ideas.  

2003 312 Fiesta.  5.0. Bravo 3

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    Nope, the B3 pump is on the engine.

when you say you can't get water to the pump, with boat in water, does water come thru to the pump?  You my just need to replace the impeller on the pump.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    SeaShiftSeaShift Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    I've replaced the impeller.  The entire brass pump was new last year.   Just replaced the inpeller today

when I say I cant get water to the pump.    With the intake hose off the pump.  I hook up the garden hose and turn it on with plenty if pressure and can't get water to come out of the hose from the transom assembly
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you filling the hide inside the bilge and trying to get it to come out outside the boat? 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    So you can push water from the pump to the outdrive, but you can't push water from the outdrive to the pump?  Check the cooling water hose inside the B3 that goes to the transom fitting.  In some cases, a loose object inside that hose that can act like a 1-way check valve.  

My mechanic told me about a customer who had a small snail inside the hose.  After it crawled inside the hose, it grew large enough to obstruct the hose.  Everybody was baffled until he removed the outdrive, took off the hose, and found the little critter.