Options

prop size....

took the 192 out last week to see qhat she can do. 53mph at 5300rpm it has the 4.3lx. I was unaware of the max 44-4800 rpm but anyhow I am going to be adding smart tabs...plastic vs metal ones any input? I would also like to reprop to get in that rpm range I have a 21 pitch 3 blade aluminum now what would be good a 23 pitch? how about if i went with stainless steel? thanks for all the knowledge

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every inch of pitch moves you ~200 rpm: so going from 21" to 23" would reduce the rpm by 400 prm.

I would definately use metal tabs, Lenco has a simple set up that is all electric.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    racingricka87racingricka87 Member Posts: 28
    now what about a stainless prop? so a 24 pitch would put me around 4700 rpm with a aluminum prop?
  • Options
    how would a stanless 14.25 26 pitch run three blade? found a nice used one........
  • Options
    nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

If I were putting Smart Tabs on a 192, I would go with the black plastic set - I have them on my 212. For your RPM and MPH measurements did you use the boat's gauges or GPS (for MPH) and a good tach (clip on type maybe)? I only ask because the boat gauges are typically inaccurate (especially the speedo) and I wouldn't want you making decisions from bad data. Those RPMs and speed seem rather high to me for that 4.3, but I am no motorhead. I seriously doubt that you want to put a 26 pitch prop on that boat.

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• Options
    i did check gps on phone it was about 1-2 mph different then dash. Didnt haveaway to check out the rpm but am planning to purchase a hour meter with tachometer