Options

Winterizing Fresh Water leak issue

I have a 2001 Rinker Fiesta Vee 340 - So, I live in Miami and every time I fill up the fresh water is just goes away.  I feel like there is a leak somewhere.   Then inside my cabin I realized it was wet around the aft part of the cabin on the deck.  Carpet was all moist.  Maybe from fresh water.  My question is - since this boat came from up north, is it possible that some valve or something is open and the water is draining out.  Maybe something people open to winterize??  I need help here! 
David K.

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    It's not uncommon for the water heater drain to be left open.  Might want to take a peek there.  Otherwise you might have a break in a line or fitting that was not properly winterized.

Just curious, but most of the boats up here do not have closed cooling.  Did you're come with that?  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    SkipperSkipper Member Posts: 10
    Folks I have a similar problem here in Northern Ireland. Just found a damp patch around the aft cabin deck just beside the cupboard at the galley. All areas above seem to be dry, including the cupboard under the sink so no water getting in there. Also checked the engine compartment and it's dry. Have read that it might be the rubbing strip. Anyone got any ideas or even any drains to show where to get into the little hidden spaces to check for water?
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure your fridge isn't leaking out?  If the seal isn't tight, the ice/frost in the freezer area will melt and wet that area. Trust me, I'm saying this because it happened.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"