Options

Sad day

golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
Well they pulled the boat today and stuck her in the barn. Always a sad day. On the bright side, the boat was in the water 7 months. Not bad for Rochester, NY.
Now I need to come up with a project for winter. Would like to replace the carpet in cabin with wood or wood like material. I just can't seem to make up my mind with what material to use. I also would love to replace the helm seat with the newer flip up bolster seat. Just can't bring myself to spend over $1100.00 for the seat. Seems like Rinker might be a little high with that price.
Any body got plans for a winter project this year. Would like to hear what you guys are doing maybe it will give me some ideas.
Jerry

Comments

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    I'm looking at doing led cockpit lights 
  • Options
    pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭

New ac unit, new electric toilet,sat tv, new mattress for aft cabin

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Options
    BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
    Im in the process of replacing my carpet with a vinyl wood effect flooring from Plasdek.
  • Options
    racingricka87racingricka87 Member Posts: 28
    sounfs like alot of awesome projects planned!! i will be cleaning mine up adding 12v outlet, lights on interior, smart tabs and a fish finder. Getting ready for a trip to Fairhaven ny in springlake ontario here I come
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    After my wife gets all her new bedroom furnature, painted walls and lighting done in the master... as if the current stuff is just fine, I hope to finally order new cockpit carpeting!  Though I just spent big coin on bottom paint, drive services, risers and manifolds, tuned 2 props and repaired 2 others plus zincs. Next is rotors and caps.... Then hope to be good 5 more years and just change lubes and impellers as scheduled. Now wouldn't that be nice!  Wishful Thinking I am sure!

LG
  • Options
    terrypageterrypage Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Today I'm having my front cover replaced, the zips are catching on the chafed plastic windows. During the winter I also am replacing the saloon carpet for wood, probably Seadek.   

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    well, I've started a list that has been growing.  Always fun to go in mid winter and sit under the cover.  Let's see, I want to install the relief valve in waste tank, adapt raw water pump to suck dry bilge, new cockpit carpets, change table configuration (may make larger one of cockpit area), possibly something different with LEDs up top (too many blue in the hardtop), and thinking I have a fresh water pump going bad - so may tinker with that.  Oh, and I'd like to add a tuner to the input on my hardtop DVD player.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
     adapt raw water pump to suck dry bilge,
    can you say more?....
  • Options
    Well, I have a washdown pump that uses boat water. It is located in the engine room and the outlet is under a portside seat. I have no reason to use brackish water to wash any part of my boat.  So, someone else at the Rendezvous this summer with the same boat took the hose off the seacock and ran a new one to the very bottom of the bilge.  This will keep me from using my shop vac every weekend to get the water out that the bilge pump can't get.  The pump has a small screen filter, so it will keep anything from getting. 

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, if I can get my starter swapped out, go boating! I see Tiki has not been on much, probably doing the same....best time of the year, or at least another good time of the year to be out. would like to pull the carpeting and do something a little brighter and the pattern on all the seats below, almost looks 60's or something! Lots to do way ahead of that...
  • Options
    RY, the water is mainly rain water that comes down the hardtop and runs down and wicks into the open blower holes, also just blows in there on windy stormy days.  Yes, it is something I've thought about coming up with a fix (I've seen some where plexiglass covers that area.  Not sure where else it could be coming from, but there always seems to be that little bit that the bilge won't get.  It'd also just come in handy when I use the hose down there and clean.

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2014 EC 360 has a wash down pump that will operate on fresh water or lake/river water. I use the lake/river water for washing doun the anchor and chain rode. The water where I boat is quite clean for that purpose. IF I were washing down some area of the boat before waxing it or some other prep I'd use water from the fresh water tank. Because I think DI's idea is brilliant I am going to look at putting a Y connection with valves in the water exit line, so I can have three uses of the raw water pump: sucking water from the bilge (like DI, I hate the fuss of setting-up my shop vac for that), fresh water wash down and lake/river wash down. MT

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sounds like a good idea. I also have around 2" of water in the bilge. It mostly is from my hosing down my swim deck with pressurized water and flooding the lip around my engine compartment door support.  My bilge never comes on, so I know it's coming in intermittently.  I also thinks it comes in when I come off plane too quick, and the wake comes over the swim platform (like when I spot a huge log in the lake in front of me!).

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MT, good idea, maybe I'll just use a T valve of some sort.  My hose is just not in the right spot to use to wash down my anchor (it's under my port side seat).  I'd have to drag the hose a good 30 feet or more across the cockpit and over the bow (removing the seat it's under as well).  I've thought about connecting it to the fresh water but really have no use for fresh water wash while I'm out (just use hose at marina mostly).

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to drag my hose a long distance too DI but I bought a 75 foot hose that contracts into a very small ball. It is not the hard plastic coiled type of hose that came oem with the boat. It has a soft canvas type exterior that will not mark the seats or helm. I had my raw water outlet put just inside the transom locker. It had been mounted in the side wall by the refreshment counter, the valve stuck out across the counter top. The Admiral was not impressed, hence the re-location to inside the transom locker. It is still controlled by a switch at the helm with a ball type shut-off in the transom. That 75 foor hose (about $30) was a great investment. Thanks again DI for the brilliant suggestion - you know how much work that is going to save us!!!! My shop vac worked great but then I had to lift it with 5+ gallons of water out of the boat and dump it :-(  It will be so nice to get that water out of the bilge - fast and easy! I hate water in the bilge at the base of my transom and stringers, just not a good scenerio! Thanks again DI. MT
  • Options
    kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    I have a few projects planned.  1) My drives are leaking - failed steering pins.  This should be covered under my extended merc warranty.  2) install the vessel view 7 that I purchased this spring.  I have a new dash panel for it & a connector for the kohler generator so it will show on the vessel view. 3). I too am sick of water in my bilge.  I'm hoping that most of that will be eliminated by fixing the drives / steering pins.  Another product that I've been looking at for a while is the "arid bilge pump" - it is a low flow pump that sucks just about every drop of water out of a bilge. 4) I'd like to get a dive hookah for next year.  I'm in a high growth area & have to clean my props & drives almost every week.  A dive hookah would make life much easier.  I would get an electric model that would plug right in to the boat.