Options

Scavenger hunt for missing items on Fiesta Vee 265

Hello Everybody.  Owned a lot of boats, but first Rinker was purchased over the weekend.  Just can't find a few things.  Where is

.the capacity placcard (or yacht certification)
.forward bilge/pump

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What year is your boat? That will help out a lot!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Yacht certification should be on plack next to helm. The forward bilge is under the mattress in the aft cabin. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

if its a 1995 the front pump is at the bottom of the cabin steps behind a hidden door. Open the door and you will find the valve for the toilet, and behind the valve slightly to the left is the pump and float switch.

When you find the placard let me know, been looking for mine since spring

• Options
    muskyfinsmuskyfins Member Posts: 8
    Sorry.  Yes she's a 1995.  Found pump.  Thanks.

Is this bilge connected to the main bilge? 

A leaky fuel pump spilled gasoline into the main bilge which has been rinsed out, but the fumes in the cabin are pretty bad.  I want to rinse the front bilge.  But if they're not connected, I really need to find how the fumes got in there in the first place.  I guess that was the point of original question on pump location.

• Options
    And I'm glad I'm not the only one with the missing placard.
  • Options
    Spent a lot of time this weekend getting her ready for winter.  (already been in the single digits several nights here).  I found the forward bilge pump under the stairs and the hatch below the table mount in the cabin.  When i add water to the hatch it runs down to the pump area and stops.  I had to pump it out with a hand extractor pump.  (don't want to run electric bilge pump to pump out gasoline)  I rinsed like this several times including once or twice with some bilge cleaner.  What I can't figure out is how the gasoline got in there in the first place?  It doesn't appear that the two bilges have any connecting paths between them.  The boat would basically need to be sunk to get enough water from the main bilge to spill into the cabin and run into the forward bilge.  Or am I missing some way they are connected to each other?  I called the previous owner and he was fairly honest about knowing there was gas in the forward bilge but claims not to know how it got there.  I asked if he stored some gas in the cabin and it spilled, he says "no".

There is a "mouse hole" under the aft cabin are where water from the main bilge can run into.  Where does this lead?  I was able to put 6" of water in the main bilge to rinse, so it can't go far.  Does anybody know the structure or any way to get gasoline from the main bilge to the forward bilge?

Thanks to everyone for their help and support.
  • Options
    awhiresawhires Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    I think the forward bilge does drain into the aft bilge. and 28' boats are not required to have a capacity plate. figure 1 person for 3' of length
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Vessels 26 foot and over normally get a yacht certificate versus a capacity plate.  A yacht certificate means the number of passengers is at the captain's discretion.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    If your asking if water should run  from bow  to stern  then yes it should there should've a channel and they can become plugged with debris 
  • Options
    Stodge said:
    Vessels 26 foot and over normally get a yacht certificate versus a capacity plate.  A yacht certificate means the number of passengers is at the captain's discretion.

well said! I think the 1person per 3' length is a rough guess estimate that the CG would recommend minus gear weight.
  • Options
    JC290 said:
    If your asking if water should run  from bow  to stern  then yes it should there should've a channel and they can become plugged with debris 
    Must be because I can't get water to run out of forward bilge.  Also got a response from Terri Gipson at Rinker.  She says there is some sort of passageway on my model/year.  In later years it was glassed in.  However, I guess I thought she meant the passageway was at the top of the forward bilge?
  • Options
    yeah, on mine I had a gear oil leak in my bilge and the smell came thru to the cabin. all cleaned up now with orange cleaner. run a drain snake or a water hose from the cabin into the tunnel and see what comes out, probably stuffed with rags or something.If you have a pressure washer take the gun in and spray it down the tunnel maybe? towels and safety glasses recommended....let us all know how u make out!