bravo 2 winterize in slip

youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

ok, the new wife wins, I wanted to winterize the boat (1995 265 b2 454) on the trailer and then put it back in the water in the spring. She wants to use the boat as a "cabin in the woods sort of thing" for the winter and keep it in the water. Ok im fine with that, just pull the boat out and check things over and put it back in and drain ALL water holding things.

The question of the hour is....... Since the external engine driven water pump sits below the water line, how do I block off water to the pump. Disconnect it and put a big cork in it?  I know the answer is simple put for the life of me I cant figure out if that is the proper way of doing it.

Thanks for bearing with me and my idiocy

Steve

Comments

• howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    I noticed the Mercruiser manual does say disconnect and plug the water inlet hose if you don't have a seacock.  I have no personal experience with that since I do my boat out of the water, and store it on its trailer.  The manual does remind you to unplug the hose and reconnect it before running engine again.  Perhaps install a seacock valve in the hose for your situation.
  • youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    I ended up pouring a gallon of pink through the hose and corked it. I do like the idea of the valve though. Maybe next year