X

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

X

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercury sells the warranty directly. You will probably get a notice for extension soon in the mail. Otherwise call them. If you service your boat with a Mercury certified dealer, they will have all the service logs you need. If you have a claim, you will not need to do anything more than to tell your dealer the issue and they take care of the rest. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    MT, I will look it up later to see the difference, but I'm positive I got a better price on the 3 year extended warranty from my dealer instead of directly from merc.  I believe there are 3 levels, I opted for the highest.  So far, I've gotten all my money & then some.  I had both bravo lowers replaced with brand new units last year - that alone would have been more than the warranty.  This year, both leaking steering pins are being repaired.  The warranties are good until mid June 2016, I'm sure something else will go wrong by then!  I agree, I'm not big on extended warranties, but for a boat, I can't imagine not getting it.  The price was reasonable.  One more thing - If I remember correctly, it covers everything merc - engines, drives, DTS, vessel view, axius (for you) - that's a lot of stuff that could break.
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

X

• kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    MT, merc quoted me 1470/engine, 3 year, platinum.  I paid 1230/engine.  Money very well spent.
  • unikguyunikguy Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

hi Michael

I have same setup as you. And I did buy extended warranty. and different dealers give different prices. get the best price out there and go back to your dealer and negociate.

ultimately its best to buy from your dealer. but shop the price. and for us its a must. we have too much electronics on them.

and mercury takes care of owners with the platinum package.

be well.

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

X