Options

Best Wishes Randy!

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like RY is back. Hello Handyman!

I left Randy a message a few years back. I didn't think he would call me back, but he did, with all the info I needed.  I've had my Rinker surveyed before buying new, and the surveyor was impressed with the build. Are they Cobalt boats ... no, but I didn't want to spend double the money for the same size boat.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    And I can tell you after my 3rd season with my Rinker, I have NO regrets. The boat is built well, and pretty easy to take care of. Great value for money.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I was too strong to handle Mark
  • Options
    LOL

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Keep bashing off this great forum. No room for that kind of trash here. Don't like someone? Keep it to yourself. Boy that felt GOOD!

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    I was in contact with Randy by phone and e- mail many times he always answer my questions. And I agreed  keep bashing off this forum nobody need that.
  • Options
    Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry guys.. Definitely am not bashing anyone, nor did I wish to stirr anything up. I was just curious as that was a pretty strong statement he made that "came outta left field" as far as I was concerned.

Also, just to update on my boat... It is being worked on now... Been stored inside at Rinker the whole time. I still love my boat, and so far Rinker is treating me right... We'll see... ;) -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    Oh... And thanks for the compliment 212! :blush: -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    When do you splash Mike?  We usually go back in mid-April.  Hope they can have your boat back to you before then.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Yeah.. Hideaway is talking mid April for me too.  I actually have a rack AND a well for this year B) , so I will be splashing over and over throughout the season.  :D  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    Mike G, I don't think they were talking about you doing any bashing. I think they are talking about Melvyn's comment.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    edited January 2015
    OK.. Yeah I didn't think so.. Just wanted to be sure. -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    Personally I have no issues with Melvyns comment. It wasn't bad at all. He wasn't bashing Randy at all. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Handyman is right... He was just being honest about his personal experience. We all have had good and bad experiences with our boats. Some could have been prevented, but overall I think we have a great product. I have no problems with Randy. He treated me well, called me on the phone when I emailed him questions. I wish him well in the future.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    rowboat212rowboat212 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Go look at his prior posts, Steve...
    Not the ones in this thread, but the one he launched when.he arrived...

Everyone has a beef from time to time... It's how that beef is handled (on both sides) that makes the difference... When someone arrives and starts slapping without providing any backstory, then that is 'slammkng'... When a person is asked to provide information and they respond 'trust me', yeah... No... I won't trust you...

Now Mike came and explained he has an issue with rinker, and withheld bashing anyone.... That is a respectable way to carry it... If I were to ask him details and he responds "trust me", I'd be inclined to trust him based off of his class handling of the situation...

There's a difference... A big one... The forum exists in part for issues, no? I doesn't exist for bashing.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point 212...
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    I still don't see anything that outrageous. I think he is from the UK? so maybe he cant put thoughts to paper as well as us LOL. In any event, if our freedom of speech gets canceled out on this forum ( as it has for me) then it may be time to leave. Maybe he could have worded his issues a little differently? Personally I have made some funny comments IMHO and DI cant wait to erase them. 
    Why doesn't Melvyns comments get erased??? 
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    All of my dealings with Randy (or the lack of) have been horrible but that doesn't affect my opinion of Rinker boats. I would buy another one tomorrow. Also, this is why I don't buy new boats.  When a company wont honor their warranty I would never go back. When you feel like you have been double crossed like Melvyn, ( I have been there with an RV) you get angry and need to vent. 
  • Options

Hey Handyman... it's OK.. Relax.  ;) 

This forum doesn't censor as far as I know.  I actually asked about that when I was new here because I saw someone's posts being deleted.  It turned out they were deleting them, themselves (for their own reason).

It is also a little confusing that you seem to state that this forum is censoring users, but then ask "Why doesn't Melvyns comments get erased???".

If it were me, I would take your concerns about "freedom of speech" and direct it towards our (the U.S.) government as they are doing way more to take away our rights and freedoms (in my opinion) than any message board could.  Also.. PLEASE.. I am not looking to get into a political debate on the Internet (lol).. I am just stating my opinion.  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    Owning several forums, I've had the joy of encountering 'free speech' types... Free speech is on a gov't owned street corner or park or some such... Forums are privately owned... When on private property, you gotta observe the rules set by the owner... Man, I had a guy go round for round with me over this until I broke it down 'what if I showed up at your house and talked smack about your wife in your living room?' ... He finally got it.
  • Options
    I have no problem with seeing criticism. If something got nothing but great praise, it's almost always filtered publicity (basically a lie). Even Ferrari has unsatisfied customers. Check out the Russian guy that took a sledge hammer to his car complaining about poor customer service.

But! Every story has at least two sides. And when someone comes on here and bashes a person with qualifying why... Well I think that is simply useless rhetoric. Some people will complain because the gel coat has a little scratch on the bottom of the boat, and if you crouch in the right place and the sun is shining in the right direction, you can see it. I'm not saying there isn't a good reason for the complaint, but please qualify it, otherwise in my books it just goes down as blah, blah, blah.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MarkB said:
     Some people will complain because the gel coat has a little scratch on the bottom of the boat, and if you crouch in the right place and the sun is shining in the right direction, you can see it. I'm not saying there isn't a good reason for the complaint, but please qualify it, otherwise in my books it just goes down as blah, blah, blah.

Uh oh.. you just made me think twice about one of my warranty claims (and one of the main reasons why my boat went back to the factory). ;)

That's exactly how I noticed the ~10 1" - 2" bubbles in the non-skid area on the bow of my 260.  The sun was setting and then I noticed.  I just let them know (the dealer) and they and Rinker decided to have it sent back, so I guess they are ones that made the decision.  Phew. :)  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    And Mike that is a good reason to send it back to get fixed. And with that context, your comment is meaningful. I take a lot from the comment, mostly that Rinker honoured the issue and will fix it (by the way, it's an easy fix).

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Happy for you they took it back.. not that they shouldn't have, so... I'm glad they did the right thing... In neither defense: glassing is tricky business... ANY contaminents and you'll get those bubbles... It could be from somebody opening the door while work was being done and dust finer than 3 microns set o. it, impossible to see or suspect...
  • Options
    I had a 1" blister on my bow deck. My fibreglass guy just chipped it out and reapplied gel coat, stamped the pattern in, didn't take long and you can't see the repair at all. It only cost like $100 to fix. I didn't even bother going through Rinker because through my guy it was done quick and I didn't lose any water time.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    As far as I know Rinker does not censor this forum. I also believe in freedom of speech however I also believe in civil rights. Nobody should be personly  attacked on this forum. IMO it's OK to state your opinion but do it with a little bit of class. That is not asking for to much.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Ray, define bashing. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Hey handy why would I or should I define bashing to you? I did not accuse anyone of bashing. I just want to keep this a "class act" forum. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
This discussion has been closed.