Options

To Paint or not to paint XDP drives

I am new to this forum, I just pulled out 07 350 out of the water fro the second time in 4 months. I got hit with bad barnacle growth on the drives that actually cut my drive oil make up line emptying my reservior into the marina!
I have never painted the XDP drives but am considering it now. Boat lives in saltwater in Northern Sanfrancisco Bay. Am considering Interlux Trilux 33. Any thoughts about that?
Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    carpediemcarpediem Member Posts: 14
    Thanks! Pulled them this morning. Will sand and paint with Trilux33. Boat is for sale, time to go with in boards
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    FYI the opportunity to take Volvo Penta's XDP to OceanX upgrade expires December 31 this year. Although my XDP is working fine, the price incentive is very compelling and I just pulled the trigger on the upgrade. In my opinion it would be a shame to miss out on this significant savings from retail.
  • Options
    I hate to say that I have no Idea that there existed incentives to swap for Ocean X drives. What is the deal and where does one go to make it happen? Thanks for the response BTW! I used to follow the forum but lost interest when the old one died. Just picked it up again when I started having these issues.
    Rusty
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree, swap them now and then sell.  Sorry to say but you may not be able to sell with xdp's.  Even half price.  To much hassle for the buyer with so many othe boat options to choose from.  Call your VP dealer.  

LG
  • Options
    LG, if I swap I just may love her enough to keep her a bit longer! Have the Ocean X drives been in service long enough to be sure that that is the answer? or if I am making any change who makes the best stern drive for a boat that lives year round in the salt water?
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Carp, I have had mine 3 years to date.  Zero issues!  It was a shame but had them primered and painted as I am saltwater 24/7/365 at the get go. Oh and yes you will love them!