Options

Short notice deployment

usafaviatorusafaviator Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
I purchased a 2007 230 CC this summer with low hrs on it and added about 30 hrs to the boat before I was short noticed deployed.  Due to timing and not being prepared I was only able to drain the block and run the engine with fuel stabilizer. The boat will sit for around 4 months till I return. Is that too long for the engine and outdrive to go with the summer oil?  Both were changed right before I purchased the boat as well as the impeller. If it needs to be done I can have the wife drop it off to get serviced. Just wanted your opinion. If possible I can do the job when I get home no problem and save about $200.  Thoughts?

thanks
2007 230 ECC 350 Mag MPI Alpha 1

Comments

• Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    I would not worry about changing the oils, and the stabilizer will be ok for 4 months. As long as it will not get below freezing ( I'm not sure if New Mexico does ) you should be fine. Are the batteries on charge? if the batteries go stone dead for several months, it will kill them.
  • Options
    bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    You should be good. Be safe and kick some ****. Hurry home. Let the other service men know their fellow Americans support their efforts and are thankful for their sacrifices. Bring afew politicians   with you and drop them behind the lines.

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

• Options
    luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    Thank you and Be safe