Options

1993 Fiesta Vee 265 waste tank leak

smscootersmscooter Member Posts: 3
I am fairly new to boating so I may become a regular here... hehe.  I have an odor coming from the waste tank vent I gather means I need the BigOrange filter thing but I also am getting some leakage into the bilge.  For starters, I can't seem to locate the access to that area.  Before I start tearing things apart can someone tell me how to get to that area?  Through the engine compartment or is there something under the carpet in the aft cabin?  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Scott

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be in the engine compartment. All waste tanks smell, but the big orange fixes that easy. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

x

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Thanks guys, that is very helpful but I should have been more specific.  What made me think it was a leak was the carpet in the bench storage on the side of the boat where the head is has been getting wet and has a urine smell to it.  And it is not leaving a dark stain on the carpet (though we do not use the head for "dark" purposes).  I am going to install a filter for sure but the only tank I see in the engine compartment is the clean water tank.  I'm guessing to access the waste tank to check it out I have to go from the engine compartment somehow?     
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

x

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    if your 93 is like the 95 265 then the waste tank will be next to the fresh water tank in the engine compartment, the stain and smell could be from the shower drain.  moldy mildew gross carpet will have the same smell regardless if its wet from urine or just water.  Take the storage area out of the bathroom (white cabinet under the sink) and sniff around. you might get lucky and just have a bad drain hose coming from the shower drain.
  • Options
    Thanks youstolemybeer.  I will buy you a beer sometime.
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Have it pumped out put colored water in the tank and trace it may just be a leaking hose your tank is next to your engine

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn