Options

Do Rinker boats have factory installed galvanic isolators?

Does anyone know if Rinker installed isolators in the shore power circuits? If not can anyone recommend an isolator system that they have installed and are happy with? I have a 2007 350 EC and have had some corrosion issues latley after moving from fresh water to brakish. I generally leave the boat unplugged but would like to be able to have it connected to power and not worry about severe electrolysis issues. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Cruisers have since 2013
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    My 2002 342FV has one. You should have changed the "zincs". Fresh water anodes are different than brackish.  I bet that is your problem. Go to zincs.com and find out what you need.  BTW welcome to the RBOC
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Supposedly my 2003 342 had one...but I added one in anyways (60a model that does 2x 30 inputs):

http://www.deimarine.com/

You need to leave your boat plugged in if it sits in the water, otherwise your Mercathode will drain the batteries and leave you with zero protection.

You might check your trip tabs too, I had one crack and I suspect it caused my corrosion issues a few years ago.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2012 260EC has a galvanic isolator.  It is positioned close to the battery charger. Have a look in yours.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    carpediemcarpediem Member Posts: 14
    Thanks guys, Ill check it out. I went with aluminum anodes on the trim tabs and the drives. in three months they were all but wiped clean off. One thing is for sure and that is nothing is for sure! Good thing boating is so much fun!!
  • Options
    ItzkenItzken Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    So we think Rinker might have installed galvanic isolators.  I have the same question about my 2006 320EC.  Where do I look?
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has to be between the AC input and the breaker panel. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Mine is in the electric breaker panel a real PITA to get to..........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is behind the panel.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    310s and 360s are behind  the electrical panel. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes! I trailer mine but something to check up up for an 05 270...
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ras, arent you getting tired of putting that thing on a trailer?
  • Options
    @Carpe diem,  for anodes.....  fresh = magnesium,  brackish = aluminum,  salt = zinc. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes but the cost difference is pretty great...plus, I don't want to limit my boating to what is out side a marina. I'm 45 mins from the east coast and bout an hour and a half from your area and I want to for sure do more exploring in both areas. I have a lot of vacation time built up and I want to take some long and 4 day weekends and do some traveling....Daytona up to St. Augustine is probable my next trip. Then, I'm looking at the Key Biscayne area is S East Fl....plus I want to get back over to Dunedin which is north of St. Pete. If I could keep it in the water while we are not traveling that would be nice but the expense, bottom paining etc. would just not work for us but yes, it is a chore. What I have found from previous boats, it's just a bigger piece of fiber glass and loading/unloading is really not much more effort as I handle that myself.