Replacement Carpet

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,881Member ✭✭✭✭✭
I know that a few of you on here have replaced the snap in carpets in the cockpit area. I have to replace mine sometime this winter/spring and I am trying to do my research on where to purchase from and what color/style to get. There are 2 different sites for snap in carpet. One is snapincarpet.com and the other is snapincarpets.com. I believe that most of you have used the snapincarpet site. I do know to stay away from the black backed carpet, but I was wondering what color options that some of you have gone with. I have standard tan carpets now, but I am leaning towards berber. I like the Dunes color, but it has the black backing. I was even considering having the carpets bound in blue for something different and because I have a blue hull and canvas. Any thoughts???
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
Go Steelers!!!
Post edited by mvn on

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Posts: 6,558Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014

x

Post edited by Michael T on
  • MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 3,269Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would put in seadeck if I were you. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 4,555Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the grey with black piping. Goes with the black top :)  Grey backing too, it definately holds up better than the black waffle backing. 

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", 350 MAG MPI, 20P 4x4 Props, PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • bryanpakinbryanpakin Posts: 2Member
    edited December 2014
    There are different shades of carpet available according to one's choice . My denver structural engineer has recommended me to use wooden colour carpet and it looks quite different .  
    Post edited by bryanpakin on
  • AnyfiveAnyfive Bridgeview Marina, Point Edward, Ontario,CanadaPosts: 33Member ✭✭
    brynpakin
    What brand and modal carpet did you use?
  • glynnalanglynnalan Callville Bay-Las Vegas, NVPosts: 36Member
    You might consider SeaDek. Check out mine on previous post
  • golfdoggolfdog Spencerport, NYPosts: 143Member ✭✭✭
    I installed SeaDek on my swim platform and love it. The year before, I replaced my cockpit carpet with a carpet from Snap in carpets and am very happy with it. As I said I'm very happy with both but knowing what I know now I would go with SeaDek for everything. Jerry
  • MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 3,269Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seadeck for everything is probably going to be my next project. Just have to get over the cost.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• jhortajhorta Philadelphia, PAPosts: 90Member ✭✭
    I did Permateek on my swim platform, and will most likely do new rugs this winter.  As someone else said, I'm just not emotionally prepared for the cost of doing the ENTIRE cockpit.