Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PermaTeek Swim Platform - Winter 2014 Upgrades

jhortajhorta Philadelphia, PAPosts: 90Member ✭✭
Little show and tell.  Just added Permateek to the swim platform.  Need to add the border now.  First "upgrade" of many for our new (new to us) 290FV. 

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,556Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
  • MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 3,084Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• jhortajhorta Philadelphia, PAPosts: 90Member ✭✭
    Thank You Amigos.  This was what I call a "Ninja" upgrade as the Admiral has no idea I had it done. 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 4,633Member, Moderator mod
     Very nice!  I say Santa should put a picture of it in your stocking!  He always knows how to get the best for your toys!  The admiral couldn't be upset when it came from him!  (maybe get some nice fender covers as well to finish the stern look! ;) )

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Lol, ninja upgrade. 

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• golfdoggolfdog Spencerport, NYPosts: 138Member ✭✭✭
    Looks great!
  • luckydogluckydog Ruskin, Fl.Posts: 316Member ✭✭✭
    Nice upgrade 
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,747Moderator mod
    Looks great......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org
  • JoeStangJoeStang Metro DetroitPosts: 981Member ✭✭✭✭
    Care to share the cost? I could definitely see this being a nice upgrade since the non-skid is a bit harsh on the knees when getting in & out of the water a lot.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • FDNY49FDNY49 Flushing, NYPosts: 109Member ✭✭
    WOW! really nice.
  • bigal6030bigal6030 Posts: 157Member ✭✭
    Very nice I went to the website. Looks like an imported product. Did you cut and install? or did you pattern the pieces? Is it solid or a soft product?

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

Big Al, I had a distributer/installer come up to Philadelphia to put it in.  He made a template and cut it on the spot.    I was not there when he came to do the work, so I am not sure of the exact process.
  • chrissyscallchrissyscall Long Island, NYPosts: 44Member ✭✭
    Did my swim platform with plasdeck, really happy with it, waiting to see how hot it gets before doing the cockpit.
  • randy342randy342 port charlotte floridaPosts: 21Member
    They look really nice. 
    Looks like lots of work.
    On my bucket list.
  • DanD2DanD2 Posts: 627Member ✭✭✭

That stuff certainly does look nice but be careful, it does get hot. The SeaDek stuff is more like a foam and does not get as hot.

2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • chrissyscallchrissyscall Long Island, NYPosts: 44Member ✭✭
    It does get hot, but you can't compare the look of the two, in my opinion
    I prefer the look of the SeaDek myself but that's why they have all these different products available.
    I have a feeling I'm going to bite down and put in SeaDeck throughout the cockpit and swim deck this year. Lord help my credit card.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• StevecStevec Windsor United KingdomPosts: 12Member
    Looks really good,...had mine done with Dek King,...did whole deck and the floor in the head,..really adds to looks,..and much better than carpet
    I'm just tired of cleaning bugs/flies out of my carpet. Would be great to have something I can just wipe/wash down.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

OK, just requested a quote from a SeaDek installer to do the swim platform and cockpit deck. Cross fingers it won't blow the budget!

"Boat + Water = Fun"

I wish I had more options.  The only fabricator I could find in the Philadelphia Area was from Maryland, and he only worked with PermaTeek.  That being said, it looks great, but SeaDeck was my first choice. 
    MarkB said:
    OK, just requested a quote from a SeaDek installer to do the swim platform and cockpit deck. Cross fingers it won't blow the budget!

Mark,

Why don't you get a template kit and do it yourself. Its pretty easy to do.

Dan I know, but I am really short of time. Doesn't seem the guys who are going to do it will charge a lot anyhow.  I need them to pull out the carpet snaps from the floor and fill those in as well. They can do a much better job gelcoating those than I can anyhow.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

I hear ya on the short of time. Sometimes having someone do the work is well worth it....more time to boat.
    Exactly!

"Boat + Water = Fun"

edited January 2015
    So it's going to cost $2500 including tax for materials, shipment and install to put SeaDeck on my swim platform and through my entire cockpit. The install is only a little over $300. And they will seal my carpet snap holes.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• jaubryjaubry Rockland On. Posts: 125Member ✭✭
    Mark, what are they sealing the snap holes with? I doubt it will be gel coat and does it need to be gel coat? I think they may use a clear or white sealer and apply the SeaDek over top, which is fine. I saw that in one of their install videos. Who in Ontario did you get to install? 
    The dealer said they would fill and then apply gelcoat. It might not be a perfect color match, but it will be a smooth finish. 

C.A.S Power Marine is going to do the work.

Still need to get my boat back out of indoor storage so we can do the template up, so it's only going to happen in mid-April.

"Boat + Water = Fun"