Options

Go Buckeyes!!!!

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod

ok, as most of you know I'm an Ohio fan.  Sitting here watching the Buckeyes and man, they sure better be in that top four after this game tonight!!!!  Wow, third string quarterback and they look like the top team in the country!  I'm sure hoping FL State loses (sorry for you FL people, but it'd make things much easier). 

Just want to say go Buckeyes!!!! (& hey, those Browns aren't doing too shabby either)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Bleh
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Patriot's are going all the way............ Just sayin.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    oh man, you guys are cold!  Geez!  but hey, those Buckeyes are in the top 4!!!!  & playing Alabama!  Would be nothing better than to just blow them out!! (I'm betting there will be a lot of people rooting for the Bucs - or should I say against Alabama)...you all can have the NFL, way too many overpaid people, and I haven't gone to a game in over 20 year, and not planning on supporting their salaries anytime soon.

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the Browns under performed a bit on Sunday. lol  I'm not sure what team Wisconsin sent to play OSU, maybe the back up squad, they totally no showed.  I bet the reception back in WI was a bit cold.  lol

Vegas odds are highly against OSU, in fact the largest point spread ever for such a game.  Since an OSU fan would never support UofM in such a game I have to go with Alabama as much as I hate them..and hope FL wins out over Bama too (another team I dislike).  Ugg Not one team I care for in the mix!

NFL may have high saleries...but look at college football and the known money spent by the universities, let alone the 'booster' money spent underground at a lot of the big schools.  Add in the TV and sponsor money plus cost of scholarships and I bet they are on par and maybe exceed the NFL.   

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    BD, first thing.  I'd root for any Big 10 team (& I do) in the bowl games.  Actually, I root for all the Big10 teams thru the year.  So, if MI was in a bowl, I'd root for them.  Hard to believe anyone would root for Bama (they've had their share and get tired of hearing about it).  I don't believe much in odds, except when I play craps!  I'm sure odds were well against OSU too with a 3rd string QB.  I'm not so sure WI came in with a different team, or they were just taken by total shock with OH.  Heck, they even tried to score all the way to the 4th quarter and still couldn't get in.  I give OSU's defense a lot of credit.  But you've gotta admit, coming in to start the first time in college, Big10 championship, everything on the line, to become an MVP is amazing!

Now, the money thing, yes colleges put tons in there, commercials, all that.  I'm talking about what players get.  Yes, they get scholarships and who knows what else.  But they aren't getting actual salaries and nothing compared to millions per game per player.  They are working their tail off just to have that slim chance of going further.  Some are working that hard knowing this is all the further they will go, but do it for pride.  They actually enjoy it without pay.  That really isn't found in the NFL.

Oh, and FL.  Sorry, I've gotta root for Oregon on that one too.  I had enough of their stinkin chant and too much of them back in the 90's for a lifetime! 

Oh well, always fun to chat some college ball.  I absolutely love to watch it!

• Options
    rowboat212rowboat212 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    College football is my biggest personal hobby.. I moderate the CFN Scout forums, and have my own forum for the sport. 

tOSU really showed up, huh?  Whodathinkit? 

Meyer now has to face saben again, who gave him heart trouble the last time they pitted against each other, and hastened his exit from Florida.. reminds me of the movie 'waterboy', when Jerry Reeves character so scared author fonzerelli that he wore high heels and sought mental counsel from his momma.. this game should be a great one.  

F$U makes me sick... They are likely representitive of where Cfb is heading, and it isn't good... I love Cfb over nfl because those fellas play harder, with more to prove... But the element of.integrity has disappeared... Winston ought not be on the field... There are several reasons for.that... But.. I digress, and will take this thought to the football forums. :-) 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DI: I'll give you props for rooting for any Big-10 team, There is a fair chunk of OH that would differ on that from you though.  lol  I do agree for all the major league sports..they are way over paid for what they do.  If it were not for TV contracts that whole house of cards would fall in a heart beat.

Good one on the 't'OSU 212!  Probably not everyone knows about the 't' part. 

FSU...just one of many programs where personal integrity might not even be on the list.  Anything to win.

Just keepin' it fun guys!

I just got a copy of our yacht club calendar...the 100 days to launch party is in Jan. :)

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
     Definitely fun chat! 

100 days to launch sounds like a good reason to party!  I guess if it's a decent fall & spring, some here would celebrate that at the end of their boating season.  I'm heading to a "raft-up" this weekend.  We do a monthly raft-up from Nov - Feb, having drinks and talking boats at someone's house.  It helps the winter go by and plan things for spring. 

I know you do as much, or more, in the winter as you do in the summer.  I do miss the better ski resorts (& better snow) at times.  Around here you spend more time on lifts than anything else, just not worth the effort.

tOSU...I do like that!  ;)

• Options
    OK, man, I won't be on this site for the next four hours in case somebody misses me!  LOL!!  GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (& yes, I'm still glad FL didn't make it in there either).

• Options
    Great beat down... Melikes..
  • Options
    what a great game!  Even with the turnovers, the defense took a stance and held Oregon until the offense got it straight.  & they could not stop Ohio's running game!  Was really nice to see the big ten back on top and no excuses about how they did it!

• Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    They came, they won and they rioted... so unnecessary, what is to become of people who do this nonsense... up outstanding citizens...think not.
  • Options
    Forget that what about my Patriot's.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wont beat Seattle. 
  • Options
    Hey, let the Ohio people gloat about something in sports, it doesn't happen often enough. 

• Options
    Hey Handy lets see what happens..... That's why they play the games..... DI good point but it looks like the Pat's are SB bound again..... It never gets old.....
  • Options
    You can have the NFL, it's an overpaid sport to begin with.  (Nothing bad about Pats or anyone else, heck I was glad they beat Ravens so I didn't keep hearing about them here...just don't like that they are paid so much for what little they do...and then complain and look for more money because they got concussions)

• Options
    Bravo, DI... Pretty much how I feel... I mean, baseball, football, basketball? If 'they' paid my bills I'd play for free... Seriously... Or, at least I'd try.
  • Options
    Guys I dont mean to turn this into a sports talk show....lol I do not care how much any athlete makes. Good for them. If the money was not paid to them the owners would make even more. Its a business but its also entertainment for the fans. I for one can not get into collage sports and I do not like basketball..... Just say'n....
  • Options
    I bet DI and 212 watch the Superbowl
  • Options
    Nah... My football is over until the fall... Boating is coming up quick, though!!!
  • Options
    Handy, you may be loosing that bet.  My big football game is done & I won't care about it until late next fall when the boat is put away.  Hard to watch it if I have something better to do.  Heading to the boat tomorrow to tinker around with a few things.  Starting to get that itch!

• Options
    DI you mean your not going to root for the Pat's just for me??????   LOL
  • Options
    I dont watch the game, I just watch the commercials.