Options

Outstanding trailer discussions

bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
Since there is not a separate category for trailers and trailering on the this forum I would like to suggest checking out the ClubSeaRay forum. There is really good info on that forum and they have a dedicated trailering/trailer section. Most of the discussion are on big boat trailering. Just putting it there for you guys.

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

Post edited by Babyboomer on

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A trailer category would be a great addition to the forum. I wonder if the mods have enough power to add one. There are enough of us on here that do trailer, so it would get used.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Well, I can't seem to find an option to add a category.  I may be missing something and maybe one of our other Mods will figure it out, but it is a good idea for our trailering boaters!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    I don't believe Moderators can add discussion categories.   I think we would need to put in a request to Capt Jeff. 

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    I'll get hold of Jeff

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely a huge part of my "boating event". I'd agree with a trailering catagory. Good idea from BigAl
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Great idea should be very useful 
  • Options
    I'm working on it haven't heard back from Jeff

• Options
    It's in Place now I'm going through post and moving any trailer discussions there

• Options
    Nice work Boomer. Road warriors will appreciate your effort to have the details in one place.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Great job Boomer, you guys run a really good forum. I follow several boating forums but must admit this one is the best one so far as I have found.

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, great idea....we need someone really good to give us a yearly listing of maintenance for both surge and electric, things to check etc...the inards of surge brakes I've read last only a few years but no idea how to check and see if it's worn.  I consider myself pretty handy, however, I just don't have a lot of experience.
  • Options
    Ras, that sounds like a good topic for a trailer thread. Always happy to add my trailering .02c on what I've survived/learned with brakes over the course of too many years.