Options

black water tank location?? ( gauge shows full tank empty.)

I can not find excess to holding tank .

Comments

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Randy,

Look in the aft storage cabinet behind the mid berth sleeping quarters there.  The fresh water tank will be on the left side looking at it and the holding tank should be on the right side.  You will have to remove the compartment side panel(s) to access. I and maybe others installed doors in these side panels with a latch for easy viewing access.

Tony
    Salt Shaker 342
  • Options
    RWBLACK6RWBLACK6 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    RANDY;  In your aft cabin .  Behind the mirror is a storage area. Remove the port side board, [12 to 14 screws] And you will see the holding tank. Take that board home and install a 6 inch access plate. Then screw the board back and from now on all you need is to unscrew the plate cover and shine a flashlite in to check the level.
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

On my 342, I have a grey water tank in the compartment behind the mirror so I can't see either tank. I had to replace the sensors in the fresh water and black water tank and had to take apart the whole aft cabin to get at them. Access was ok from the aft cabin for the fresh water tank sensor but could not reach the sensor for the black from the aft. The only way to get at it was through the access hole under the front port seat.

My sensors started acting up towards the end of the year so in the spring, I'm going to mount a couple of auto backup cameras and lights near the tanks so I can keep an eye on them. I have not decided exactly where I'm going to mount everything but I'll figure it out in the spring.

No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just left my panels out so all I have to do is open the mirror and look left to right.
  • Options
    randy342randy342 Member Posts: 21
    Thanks guys/you are better than GOOGLE ANY day.
    i think i can get it done now.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also get access to the sending unit from under the port storage area under the seating in the cockpit.  You have to crawl in it, there is an 8" deck plate in there that can get you access too.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    You can also get access to the sending unit from under the port storage area under the seating in the cockpit.  You have to crawl in it, there is an 8" deck plate in there that can get you access too.

Unless you have long arms and are pretty skinny, that's really the only way to get at the sensor. I had my whole aft cabin apart and could not get to the sensor.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342