Options

FOR SALE - 2006 320 /5.0l oceanx

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2006-RINKER-320-640645

Time to move up! SHE RUNS PERFECTLY!!!

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Very nice looking boat. Are you getting another Rinker?
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome boat! If I was looking to move up, I would consider her.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    She is a great boat!  If she was 8 to 10 feet longer that would be great.  Also no dealers near by or at boat shows. Mine originally came up from Nor Cal.  It's hard for my wife to climb up into bed. We would also like more room below to relax and kick back with friends. We are looking for Vdrive and Diesel if possible.  Been looking at both the 400 1998 99 and 410 2000 01 Sea Ray Sundancers as they are with in reach of price and amenities. They have two heads too.  One in the rear stateroom for guest privacy. 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diesel is a plus  :D
  • Options
    Very nice!  However out of price zone for me. My humbled opinion here but once you are into 40 feet I think shafts are more appropriate than drives.  Thoughts here on that?
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volvo has the pod drives
  • Options
    rowboat212rowboat212 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Very nice!  However out of price zone for me. My humbled opinion here but once you are into 40 feet I think shafts are more appropriate than drives.  Thoughts here on that?
    My thoughts, for whatever value they present, is that depends on the hull and the purpose most often used.  The weight of a forty+ footer on the drives is kinda ridiculous, which lends credit to shafts.. shafts, though, limit the angle of attack, which means use drives if you can.. shafts also allow better placement of engines and balance of the boat.. for a planing hull, shafts... At the cost of displacement economy of effort, no? 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod

Well, I have the 400 with B-2s. I know it is definitely pushing **** them with all the weight and maybe means more maintenance required (at least for me, inspected more, but hey, I never had my 310 on land for the 7 years ownership). I've seen the 420 with both options(lots of rinkers in my marina).  After riding on both, I'll say the outdrives do get her up and going better but the inboard allow for slower speeds on plane. I like to get there and do like my outdrives.  I've also seen the outdrives version sell quicker, maybe that is just because that is more normal config for Rinker, I don't know. 

Sorry, took this off topic a bit. I'll say the 310/320 boats are really one of the best!  good luck with the sale!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options

Just sharing... LG is now listed with a broker. Admiral is eager to go bigger. At any rate the link now has a video of her engines purring. Yes you can eat your dinner in the bilge!
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    We were torn between a 320 and a 342 when were were shopping.  There aren't as many 320s on the market.  I think that's partly due to the number of years made, how new they are, and that they are boats people hang on to.  

I know what you mean about climbing up into the V berth.  Our little dog can't make it up without one of us helping.  I see steps in the far future for us getting up there.

Good luck with your sale and purchase.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Stodge, for getting into the forward bunk we have one of those two step collapsible kitchen ladders.  It stores folded up between the cabin steps and the wall of the head.  Works awesome for us.

Tony
    Salt Shaker 342
  • Options
    Yes we have a step stool. But my wife is only 5-2 so she has to slide over me to get up middle of the night....
  • Options
    The listing is still active! Ready to move up this year?!?! Don't miss out on like new 320!

Mark
  • Options
    Well we bought a 2001 410 sea ray sundancer. Arrives in a week. Surveys passed with flying colors. Twin 8.1S merc's! It even has a hydrolic swim platform! I know what you are thinking... a sea ray... but rinkers are very rare in the NW. Never saw any over 340. I would post pics but the icon is missing... how do you post pics now?
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
    Hmm, that attach image icon is still there for me.

Congrats on the new boat!  hydraulic platform will be very nice!  I'd love to have something like that for a jet ski (or leave a larger engine on a dinghy).  Make sure you stick around on here as you've always added some productive posts!  There are many larger Rinkers on this coast, but we tend to keep them over here.  Good luck and post some pics!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat as life's good.....not the sea ray part but the pic attachment. Icon is their but can't open it to attach a pic. Tried on my PC and phone. Neither works.......
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Stodge, for getting into the forward bunk we have one of those two step collapsible kitchen ladders.  It stores folded up between the cabin steps and the wall of the head.  Works awesome for us.

Tony
    Salt Shaker 342
    Not sure how the dog would do on the ladder.  She does manage the companionway steps with ease.  Something to look at.

We can both hop up in the berth fine.  I do have a collapsible single step that I keep aboard so my wife can reach the shelf above the galley.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX