Options

Just bought 2002 FV270

diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
This is actually my 2nd post (first post was asking about dinghy outboard storage) and I realized that I should introduce myself before jumping right into the questions. So here it goes.....
   After buying our first boat (2000 Maxum 2400 SCR) in July 2013, we decided it was time to move up to something a bit bigger. The Maxum was a bit snug for my family of four even for 1 overnight stay. I came across an ad on Craigslist for a 2002 FV270 and decided to go have a look(without the wife knowing). Well I fell in love... So much bigger(can't believe the difference from a 8'6" to a 9'1" beam makes!!). After checking it out by myself, I brought the wife down a few days later.... She fell in love. We bought it. The couple that we bought it from are in their late 50's and are the original owners. I have never seen a more organized or detailed set of maintenance records in my life. If he bought a gasket for the boat, he wrote the model number down and stapled it to the receipt(just in case he ever needed that part again, he had it). I have a stack of receipts dating back to the original purchase order of the boat. 
   She has the mercruiser 350 mag horizon, fresh water cooled, stainless risers/manifolds and a list of goodies.... I feel it was a fantastic upgrade from the Maxum for my family and simply cannot wait until spring now!!! 

Comments

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, She's sure a beauty. Congrats and welcome to the forum.

I WANT those stainless headers. Need?? No. But none the less, want. An exciting time for you guys. We had a similar story when we stepped on a 270 for the 1st time. That little extra beam makes a HUGE difference. I'm in my mid 50's and I'm almost ready to move out of ours if you want a his-n-hers 270 just give me a shout. :D

Thanks for the pics. Fair winds and smooth seas. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definite plus on the records!
  • Options
    Thanks guys... His/Hers, oh boy!!! I was in love when I stepped on the boat, but what really sold me on the boat was the man and wife selling it. I only interacted with the man a few times when he started showing me all the records, reciepts and logs and I told him "you know you have some issues, right?!" His wife giggled and knew exactly what I meant.  They are actually moving from the Rinker to a 37' sailboat... I asked him why?!?! Said they want to someday sail to Hawaii!! Lol. They are recently retired and want to try something new. They were truly a pleasure to deal with. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Beautiful boat!  congrats and welcome to the forum!  Lots of 270 owners here.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations and welcome aboard
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Welcome to the RBOC and good luck with your new float.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Thank you everyone... Very excited to be here!!!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats and welcome- you will find this group great at answering questions, even the stupid ones us new boater ask so don't be shy.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!  Nice boat to be sure.

Hey Tiki, a 342 is a nice boat for us 50+ folks.  Gonna try one on for size?

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    342..... hmmm.

OMG! Stop that! I still need to find a new owner for my sweet 270.

I must repeat: resist these spontaneous moves, resist these spontaneous moves. :D
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    But Tiki, all the good ones will be gone by then.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    I think Tiki would look good in a 400!  Heck, he could come north in two months and try one out! (no, it's not for sale, but drinks and a ride are available)

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Maybe Tiki Hut and the Salt Shaker.  We are about ready so to speak.
  • Options
    TW, are coming up north this summer?  I'd love to have you come around the Chesapeake Rendezvous time!  Either way, it'd be great to take you for a ride and an enjoyable evening on the boat this time! (& you and Pat would look great in a 400 as well!)

• Options
    I'll be up in Washington some time in July. It's a tight time frame but it's on my short list to see DI and crew if I can make it fit. thx

Tony, another loop??. I'd be happy to captain a few of those legs. Hey, what career. :D Lets get together soon. MnK
  • Options
    If I didn't know any better.... I'd think my thread was hijacked!!! lol 
  • Options
    Uhmm, what was the original post about??

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I hear a ricochet sound.
    Sorry. My bad. I'm easily lead astray.

Love your new boat..... back on track... I still want those stainless headers. :D
  • Options
    Yeah those SS headers look really cool!

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
      Well, the record shows it was Stodge that got us off track. :p   (Tiki, July is a perfect time for a little bay crusin', be sure send me a PM when the time gets closer)

Oh yeah, those SS headers would look great in my engine room!

• Options
    Lol... Good stuff.