Options

1997 captiva 23

boat232boat232 Member Posts: 13
edited January 2015 in Rinker Sport Boat Forum
I just picked up this sweet boat.
I am redoing the upholstery in the cabin and i need information where can i find new fabric to do it my self, well not the original fabric but more of the leather look, i know its not really leather but it sounds good. Or maybe they sell already cut out pieces of the material for an exact match. Please help!!! Any upholstery idea are appreciated.  Thanks
Post edited by mvn on

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. Real leather would cost a fortune, and probably not as robust as vinyl. Just do a google search for marine vinyl in your area and you should find a supplier. How are you going to do the stitching? What about the foam, are you going to replace that while you're at it? 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    boat232boat232 Member Posts: 13
    Congratulations. Real leather would cost a fortune, and probably not as robust as vinyl. Just do a google search for marine vinyl in your area and you should find a supplier. How are you going to do the stitching? What about the foam, are you going to replace that while you're at it? 
    Thanks.  Yes i was planing on doing this myself. Ps. With help from few other boat owners. As far as the foam i know i have to replace one which is damaged and the other ones are good.
    Which is my other question, is there a place the sells the exact size of the foams or do i have to cut my own, is there any rinker captiva website where they have replacement parts?
     As far as the material on the wall and the ceiling , im also replacing that with the vinyl. 
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Greatlakesskipper sells material