Options

Antifouling bottom

2»

Comments

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    I just wonder how good that strong of chemicals can be for the gel coat. I used Starbrite Ez On Ez Off this year, and it took 2-3 passes with it and the pressure washer and scrubbing to get it sparkling. The fall cleanup isnt really that big of a deal. It took all day to get it cleaned up, but that includes washing top to bottom, two coats of wax, and detailing the cockpit too.

Cleaning the hull bottom isnt extremely difficult, but you need a decent back and some elbow grease. Dont even attempt it without a pressure washer.

The midseason stuff is a bit of a pain though, because it cuts into beer drinking / sun bathing time. :)
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

B) I just let the marina do it while its hanging in the slings.

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    EZ On EZ Off is some strong stuff. Before the toilet bowl cleaner formula, I used an acid called Slimy Grimy. When mixed with hot water in a sprayer, it works rather well. I have to agree with H342... It is worth it to pay the marina to do it.

This is the first season with a bottom painted boat for me and what little slime was on the boat came off with a pressure washer. I will always have a boat that is bottom painted from now on.
    Post edited by Cableguy Greg on
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to short haul the boat this year because my props and lower unit were covered with barnacles. Now that the boat has been power washed and is on blocks the bottom looks so good I may make it a 3rd year. The outdrives will need painting though and I am going to try something with the stainless props.