back up relief valve

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
I had a previous thread of woes I was having with wiring but looks like I have that all buttoned up. I thought all my problems were solved when I found the one pin on my trailer connection that was broken as the back up solenoid/relief valve did not seem to be working. I have power to it and I hear it click but the brakes are locking up. I'm able to put a piece of 2x4 back there when I need to back up that keeps the tongue from sliding but sure would like it to work as it's intended..how do I check it? I replaced both the master cylinder and the valve when I bought the boat last year....it seemed to be working before but honestly, I've had so many issues and I did have a leak in a brake line so this just now be coming to the surface as a problem....

Comments

• frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Ras,
    take a look at the website etrailer.com they have all the Infos on how to troubleshooting electric  brakes.
    Paul

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the brand of the actuator and lock out? That may help you and us figure out what is going on.

A fellow trailer boater and Rinker owner replaced the lockout on a Trailmaster trailer with a Demco actuator and had the same issue. He had bled the brakes and had good stopping power in forward, but backing up, they still locked up. He called Trailmaster and they told him that the brakes needed bled in a specific order for everything to work properly, forward and reverse. When he followed what they told him, all works flawlessly. When in doubt, call the trailer manufacturer... They built it, made it road worthy, so they can give you advice on how to get it back to road worthy.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    frence, I have surge but I did not state....bleeding the brakes, who'd of thunk, will re do.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ras, there is a certain order to bleeding them... Check with the manufacturer.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, did the brakes but did not solve, I have a piece of wood I can use to block the slide so will just deal with that for now...